Forum
XBian 1.0 Alpha 4 Bugthread - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Bugs (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: XBian 1.0 Alpha 4 Bugthread (/thread-182.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: XBian 1.0 Alpha 4 Bugthread - sandoz - 2nd Jan, 2013 05:51 AM

i tried to upgrade but got this:

E: Problem parsing dependency Depends
E: Error occurred while processing kmldonkey (NewVersion2)
E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/mirrordirector.raspbian.org_raspbian_dists_wheezy_main_binary-armhf_Packages
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
and

RE: XBian 1.0 Alpha 4 Bugthread - Fonz - 2nd Jan, 2013 08:39 AM

I also have various problems. This morning for no apparent reason I can think of, my network was thrown off after about a minute or so. Figuring it might have something to do with a recent update, I decided to install Alpha 4 from a clean install.

This went not very smooth; only the third time installing XBIAN through the installer I got my pi booting. XBMC started nicely and I was happy configuring it all again. Until i booted. After the command-lines the splash screen should come up, but remaind black. I can ssh into it without a problem. Though booting again and again keeps giving me the same result. I have tried to install XBIAN again, this time properly formatted the SD, but the result is as described above.

Should an older kernel might do the trick? I'm at a loss at the moment....

RE: XBian 1.0 Alpha 4 Bugthread - CurlyMo - 2nd Jan, 2013 09:57 AM

(1st Jan, 2013 10:08 PM)Pihkal Wrote:  -not a bug but more of an annoyance: the file /etc/lirc/lircd.conf gets renamed to lircd.conf.xbian,which breaks lirc until you rename it back to lircd.conf.
Did you even notice what i have changed in Lirc? Did you have a specific setup that you didn't share with us? If so, can you still do that. The new lirc setup is all modular now so i can easily add remotes. Please incorporate the new Lirc setup with your own setup or you will bump into this annoyance after every update...

RE: XBian 1.0 Alpha 4 Bugthread - TelosNox - 2nd Jan, 2013 10:14 AM

If a Video is playing and you change to another video which has the same resolution, then the screen will turn black and you only get audio. This appeared one patch before alpha 4 (my initial install of xbian was fine). I hoped it would be fixed with alpha 4 but too bad it didn't.

Raspbmc had the same problem and it was fixed (see here for the forum post http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?tid=5331 - its youtube related but its the same problem).

To reproduce its best to just use a series (because they should have the same resolution) and then play one episode and change to the next one without stopping first. Then the screen will stay black.
You can get the screen back working, if you changte the aspect ratio.

I hope you can fix that.

Alpha 4 should be based on 12 RC1 but somehow I am missing the new audio engine.

RE: XBian 1.0 Alpha 4 Bugthread - colonelsanders - 2nd Jan, 2013 01:07 PM

(1st Jan, 2013 09:32 PM)xbmajx Wrote:  with the Alpha 4, my hdd won't automount. I just got "EXT4-fs (sda1): Unrecognized mount option "gid=1001" or missing value".

I got this too, there seems to be something fishy with the group file, I seem to get this error when giving group ownership to any mount

RE: XBian 1.0 Alpha 4 Bugthread - gagimorena - 2nd Jan, 2013 05:34 PM

After installing Alpha4 I started command "apt-get update" and then "apt-get upgrade" and after that Pi doesn't boot GUI and XBMC does not running. I repeat that several times and always have same result.

RE: XBian 1.0 Alpha 4 Bugthread - castalla - 2nd Jan, 2013 05:46 PM

From command line:

sudo passwd root

lets me change the password

BUT

it still doesn't stick on reboot ???

RE: XBian 1.0 Alpha 4 Bugthread - pikilon - 2nd Jan, 2013 09:51 PM

(1st Jan, 2013 08:01 AM)raspberry_pd Wrote:  I loved this release for several hours. Now: BSOD (Black Screen Of Death).

Was watching my main screen waiting for Xbian to finish scanning media and BAM, screen is dead, black. Haven't had it running since.

Terminal
xbian@xbian:~# sudo /etc/init.d/xbmc start
xbian@xbian:~# /usr/local/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libEGL.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

*sigh*
First of all. Thanks for the work,
Alpha 3 works, alpha 4 I just install samba via ssh and reboot and stop working.
USB HDD ext4 not automounted either, I am going through fstab, let's see.
I am not very happy with this release (at least console works when you exits)

RE: XBian 1.0 Alpha 4 Bugthread - Pihkal - 2nd Jan, 2013 09:53 PM

(2nd Jan, 2013 12:26 AM)BartOtten Wrote:  
(1st Jan, 2013 10:08 PM)Pihkal Wrote:  -not a bug but more of an annoyance: the file /etc/lirc/lircd.conf gets renamed to lircd.conf.xbian,which breaks lirc until you rename it back to lircd.conf.
-Youtube login still doesn't work,i don't know if xbian or the plugin is causing it.

1.) Are you sure there was not a new lircd.conf or did you replace that one with the .conf.xbian?
2.) My bets are on the plugin. Many plugins are reported broken fro Frodo as the maintainers haven't updated them yet or because people use the wrong repositories. Maybe we'll provide an 'XBian Approved' repo in the feature.

1. There was a new lircd.conf file,but that didn't work for me so i replaced it with the original file (lircd.conf.xbian).
2. yeah you're right,i had the same issue with raspbmc,sorry,forgot about that.

Greetz

RE: XBian 1.0 Alpha 4 Bugthread - brantje - 2nd Jan, 2013 10:22 PM

(2nd Jan, 2013 09:53 PM)Pihkal Wrote:  
(2nd Jan, 2013 12:26 AM)BartOtten Wrote:  
-Youtube login still doesn't work,i don't know if xbian or the plugin is causing it.

1.) Are you sure there was not a new lircd.conf or did you replace that one with the .conf.xbian?
2.) My bets are on the plugin. Many plugins are reported broken fro Frodo as the maintainers haven't updated them yet or because people use the wrong repositories. Maybe we'll provide an 'XBian Approved' repo in the feature.

1. There was a new lircd.conf file,but that didn't work for me so i replaced it with the original file (lircd.conf.xbian).
2. yeah you're right,i had the same issue with raspbmc,sorry,forgot about that.

Greetz
Then share you'\re lircd.conf with us, so that you don't have to overwrite it every update Smile. Also you make more people happy Smile

RE: XBian 1.0 Alpha 4 Bugthread - g4v4g4i - 2nd Jan, 2013 10:46 PM

(1st Jan, 2013 08:01 AM)raspberry_pd Wrote:  I loved this release for several hours. Now: BSOD (Black Screen Of Death).

Was watching my main screen waiting for Xbian to finish scanning media and BAM, screen is dead, black. Haven't had it running since.

Terminal
xbian@xbian:~# /usr/local/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libEGL.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

*sigh*

Same issue here after a "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade".

RE: XBian 1.0 Alpha 4 Bugthread - NemesisXB - 2nd Jan, 2013 11:11 PM

Installed a4 from a downloaded image. Booted perfect first time, but tried to setup my wifi using Network Manager and it didn't work. It did not even detect the device and adding hidden didn't work either.

I finally got wifi setup using ssh and xbian-config. For some unexplained reason the network disconnects every now and then and this is fixed by a reboot.

Also, I changed the timezone using xbian-config but that did not stick. Had to do it in XBMC.

RE: XBian 1.0 Alpha 4 Bugthread - Pihkal - 2nd Jan, 2013 11:12 PM

Quote:Then share you'\re lircd.conf with us, so that you don't have to overwrite it every update Smile. Also you make more people happy Smile

It doesn't work that way.
There is no universal lircd.conf file,it all depends on the remote you're using and the ir-codes it transmits.
Any way here is mine but i won't be very usefull to most other people.

Code:
# Please make this file available to others
# by sending it to <lirc@bartelmus.de>
#
# this config file was automatically generated
# using lirc-0.9.1-git(default) on Sun Dec 30 06:22:43 2012
#
# contributed by
#
# brand:                       /home/xbian/lirc.conf
# model no. of remote control:
# devices being controlled by this remote:
#

begin remote

name  infra
  bits           16
  flags SPACE_ENC|CONST_LENGTH
  eps            30
  aeps          100

header       4582  4421
  one           610  1603
  zero          610   501
  ptrail        610
  pre_data_bits   16
  pre_data       0xA0A0
  gap          107778
  min_repeat      5
  suppress_repeat 10
#  uncomment to suppress unwanted repeats
  toggle_bit_mask 0xA0A0

begin codes
          KEY_PLAYPAUSE            0x9867
          KEY_POWER                0x40BF
          KEY_STOP                 0xA857
          KEY_PREVIOUS             0x18E7
          KEY_NEXT                 0x58A7
          KEY_CONFIG               0xF807
          KEY_LEFT                 0xBE41
          KEY_RIGHT                0x7E81
          KEY_ENTER                0x6897
          KEY_UP                   0x649B
          KEY_DOWN                 0x14EB
          KEY_BACK                 0xA0A02ED1
      end codes

end remote

As you may notice this is incomplete,i haven't finished doing a full config,this is just a test.
The remote used is an old JVC vcr remote,don't know the modelnumber.

Quote: For some unexplained reason the network disconnects every now and then and this is fixed by a reboot.

I can confirm this,also happened to me a few times,i however didn't need to reboot,just reconnect.

Greetz

RE: XBian 1.0 Alpha 4 Bugthread - pikilon - 2nd Jan, 2013 11:14 PM

(1st Jan, 2013 09:32 PM)xbmajx Wrote:  with the Alpha 4, my hdd won't automount. I just got "EXT4-fs (sda1): Unrecognized mount option "gid=1001" or missing value".

I had the same problem, and I solved it.

First of all is that I am a completely newbie in linux, so likely is a better way to fix it.

My externals hdd worked on alpha 3, but not in alpha 4. So y change the usbmounts to have similar params.

Just comment (add # in the beginning of EVERY LINE) of usbmount and change it to the value it has on alpha 3.

sudo nano /etc/usbmount/usbmount.conf

Code:
# FS_MOUNTOPTIONS="-fstype=ntfs,gid=xbian,uid=xbian,umask=0 \
#                -fstype=vfat,gid=xbian,uid=xbian,umask=0 \
#                -fstype=ext2,gid=xbian,uid=xbian,umask=0 \
#                -fstype=ext3,gid=xbian,uid=xbian,umask=0 \
#                -fstype=ext4,gid=xbian,uid=xbian,umask=0 \
#                -fstype=hfsplus,gid=xbian,uid=xbian,umask=0 \
#                -fstype=exfat,gid=xbian,uid=xbian,umask=0"

FS_MOUNTOPTIONS="dmask=0777,fmask=0777"

I hope it helps.
Now I have to fix the blank screen (because I upgraded) to see again xbmc.[/code]

(2nd Jan, 2013 10:46 PM)g4v4g4i Wrote:  

Terminal

*sigh*

Same issue here after a "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade".

same issue, please some help here only black screen of death

RE: XBian 1.0 Alpha 4 Bugthread - Koenkk - 3rd Jan, 2013 12:46 AM

To fix the libEGL/black screen issue execute these commands:
Code:
sudo su
echo "/opt/vc/lib" >> /etc/ld.so.conf
echo "/usr/local/lib" >> /etc/ld.so.conf
ldconfig
sudo /etc/init.d/xbmc start