Forum
[PROBLEM] cannot use 1080p resolution on my display, only 1080i - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Video and Audio (/forum-28.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] cannot use 1080p resolution on my display, only 1080i (/thread-1822.html)

cannot use 1080p resolution on my display, only 1080i - neuromax - 28th Nov, 2013 02:34 AM

Hi,
I installed the latest version of Xbian and ran into this problem:

I have a 1080p capable display, but 1080p does not show in the video output resolutions on Xbian settings.
I know that my display has this strange behaviour. I don't know if it's a production problem, if they just forgot to add 1080p to the list of resolution supported or whatever, but it does not specify to the devices it talks to that he is 1080p capable.

I checked with tvservice and edid data.
It does not list a 1080p resolution, but I use it all the time with my ps3, and i had to force the 1080p resolution on the ps3 too.

All the devices I tried on my tv (an old acer_at3705) had an "override" option to let you try a resolution not offically supported. Is there a way to trick xbian in including 1080p as an available resolution?

I read a lot of forum threads and I know you can edit EDID data and force the loading of a file, but I didn't find instructions on how to do it and more important, the threads were about resolutions supported by the device, I'm not really sure it would work in my case.

Thanks in advance for your help, and sorry about the formatting of the request, I read the rules, but I think in this case it does not really matter the version of the pi or other settings, but if necessary I will update the post with all the information needed.

Regards
Max

RE: cannot use 1080p resolution on my display, only 1080i - rikardo1979 - 28th Nov, 2013 03:58 AM

you need to force the resolution,and you can do it by adding the lines to your config.txt file on FAT partition of your SD card, so you can even do it on windoze if you are not comfy with SSH.
so add the following lines

Code:
hdmi_drive=2
Code:
hdmi_group=1
Code:
hdmi_mode=16

More details can be found at RPi Config

Also please let me know the exact model of your TV so I can check technical specs of it
-thx-

RE: cannot use 1080p resolution on my display, only 1080i - neuromax - 28th Nov, 2013 07:48 AM

(28th Nov, 2013 03:58 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  you need to force the resolution,and you can do it by adding the lines to your config.txt file on FAT partition of your SD card, so you can even do it on windoze if you are not comfy with SSH.
so add the following lines

Code:
hdmi_drive=2
Code:
hdmi_group=1
Code:
hdmi_mode=16

More details can be found at RPi Config

Also please let me know the exact model of your TV so I can check technical specs of it
-thx-

Thanks for your reply.
The TV is an Acer AT3705 MGW.
I'll try as soon as possible and let you know.