Forum
BETA2 : No screensaver working (besides dim) - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Releases (/forum-48.html)
+--- Thread: BETA2 : No screensaver working (besides dim) (/thread-1829.html)

Pages: 1 2

BETA2 : No screensaver working (besides dim) - ilgrank - 29th Nov, 2013 05:22 AM

Can someone please check? The only screensaver which is working for me is DIM.
Every other screensaver after 30-40 second just crashes to CLI or does nothing..
Thanks!

RE: BETA2 : No screensaver working (besides dim) - rikardo1979 - 29th Nov, 2013 06:00 AM

was there any other working on RPi before? just asking cos I have never tested to be hones
-thx-

RE: BETA2 : No screensaver working (besides dim) - freem@n - 29th Nov, 2013 08:42 AM

I'm using the black screen option.. Don't know if this is actually a real screensaver but at least it's working fine except I would love to automatically disconnect the HDMI on idle so the monitor can go into real standy and then auto-reconnect the HDMI when I press a button as my HTPC does. It's just a dream - maybe it isn't even possible on the RPi

RE: BETA2 : No screensaver working (besides dim) - IriDium - 29th Nov, 2013 10:53 PM

The "Blank", "Dim" and "None" are the only ones that work with the RPi. The other exception is "Clock" available in the Xbian repository.

Solar Winds, Plasma and Euphoria will not work on the RPi as they require X windows.

RE: BETA2 : No screensaver working (besides dim) - ilgrank - 29th Nov, 2013 11:43 PM

(29th Nov, 2013 10:53 PM)IriDium Wrote:  The "Blank", "Dim" and "None" are the only ones that work with the RPi. The other exception is "Clock" available in the Xbian repository.

Solar Winds, Plasma and Euphoria will not work on the RPi as they require X windows.

Thanks for the reply Iridium
If I remember correctly, those were not in previous relases.. and if they can't work, it would be better not to have them in the distro in the first place IMHO..

Thanks!

RE: BETA2 : No screensaver working (besides dim) - IriDium - 29th Nov, 2013 11:58 PM

They were in previous releases. They are there because they are default XBMC not Xbian.

RE: BETA2 : No screensaver working (besides dim) - rikardo1979 - 30th Nov, 2013 12:46 AM

exactly, these options are built in by default by XBMC

RE: BETA2 : No screensaver working (besides dim) - ilgrank - 30th Nov, 2013 01:04 AM

(30th Nov, 2013 12:46 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  exactly, these options are built in by default by XBMC

Somehow I was sure they were not in Alpha 5, but since I don't have A5 images anymore, I think you're right and I must remember it wrong..

RE: BETA2 : No screensaver working (besides dim) - IriDium - 30th Nov, 2013 01:09 AM

(30th Nov, 2013 01:04 AM)ilgrank Wrote:  
(30th Nov, 2013 12:46 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  exactly, these options are built in by default by XBMC

Somehow I was sure they were not in Alpha 5, but since I don't have A5 images anymore, I think you're right and I must remember it wrong..
They are still there on the Website Big Grin

Moved to correct Forum

RE: BETA2 : No screensaver working (besides dim) - ilgrank - 30th Nov, 2013 01:48 AM

(30th Nov, 2013 01:09 AM)IriDium Wrote:  
(30th Nov, 2013 01:04 AM)ilgrank Wrote:  

They are still there on the Website Big Grin

Moved to correct Forum

No need to do so, I'm trusting you on this Smile

RE: BETA2 : No screensaver working (besides dim) - ZackarySolari - 16th May, 2014 08:42 PM

(29th Nov, 2013 10:53 PM)IriDium Wrote:  The "Blank", "Dim" and "None" are the only ones that work with the RPi. The other exception is "Clock" available in the Xbian repository.

solar panel, Plasma and Euphoria will not work on the RPi as they require X windows.

Yes all three will not work with RPI.. Even I have tried without any success.

BETA2 : No screensaver working (besides dim) - sir106 - 3rd Jun, 2014 02:05 PM

I'm using the ScreenSaver AddOn "SlideShow" without any problems since quite a while... And works fine for me...

RE: BETA2 : No screensaver working (besides dim) - mk01 - 22nd Jun, 2014 08:12 AM

@all

the fancy screensaver expect full OpenGL support from driver, not just GLES. they are not supposed to be compiled at all but looks like there is a bug in Makefiles in XBMC somewhere because those sceensavers (RSXS) really require X11 system - and we compile with --disable-x11.

but it is the same for RaspBMC - I have the feeling OE is removing them from sources before compile.

RE: BETA2 : No screensaver working (besides dim) - CurlyMo - 22nd Jun, 2014 08:17 AM

Nice one for the wiki FAQ

RE: BETA2 : No screensaver working (besides dim) - mk01 - 22nd Jun, 2014 08:28 AM

I'm just testing the new build system on XBMC so will try to remove ./xbmc/screensaver/rsxs as part of standard compile workflow.