Forum
IRFMEDIA remote button problem - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Remotes and CEC support (/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: IRFMEDIA remote button problem (/thread-1844.html)

IRFMEDIA remote button problem - Ferenc Balogh - 5th Dec, 2013 02:53 AM

Hi!

I've got a problem with my remote controller. More or less I've managed to set up buttons according to my needs, but the volume up, and volume down button not working in the correct way. If I want to raise or lower the volume I need to press the button multiple times. Is there any way to make it working?

RE: IRFMEDIA remote button problem - rikardo1979 - 5th Dec, 2013 02:58 AM

(5th Dec, 2013 02:53 AM)Ferenc Balogh Wrote:  Hi!

I've got a problem with my remote controller. More or less I've managed to set up buttons according to my needs, but the volume up, and volume down button not working in the correct way. If I want to raise or lower the volume I need to press the button multiple times. Is there any way to make it working?

what remote? CEC, IR, BT,...???
and what u mean, you need to press it multiple times? I would say thats normal, isn't it? Or you mean you want to keep the button pressed and the volume should go up/down?
If this doesnt work than this should be the design of the remote. Does the remote sending constant signal when the button is pressed and hold?

RE: IRFMEDIA remote button problem - Ferenc Balogh - 5th Dec, 2013 03:02 AM

(5th Dec, 2013 02:58 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  
(5th Dec, 2013 02:53 AM)Ferenc Balogh Wrote:  Hi!

what remote? CEC, IR, BT,...???
and what u mean, you need to press it multiple times? I would say thats normal, isn't it? Or you mean you want to keep the button pressed and the volume should go up/down?
If this doesnt work than this should be the design of the remote. Does the remote sending constant signal when the button is pressed and hold?

It's an IR remote. I just want to keep the button pressed to raise, or lower the volume. The remote sending constant signals, under Ubuntu and Windows 8 works well.

RE: IRFMEDIA remote button problem - mk01 - 5th Dec, 2013 07:21 PM

@Ferenc,

nothing is better than to have a working example (UBUNTU). and start reviewing there. whether lirc is mapping all keys, or ir-keytable with kernel rc maps etc etc.

btw: a day ago I was reading an article about configuring this (one long press) on Apple RC attached through IR receiver and it was quite crazy (doesn't mean your case needs to be the same).

btw: if you don't mind something special about privacy and you have a place on internet to store some bigger files, feel free to tar.gz /etc and /vsr/log (from ubuntu). I would be interested in them. maybe even from /etc/ lirc, rc* and similar would be enough.