Forum
[TASK] XBian localization - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Community (/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Support the project (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: [TASK] XBian localization (/thread-1853.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Re: XBian localization - belese - 9th Jan, 2014 06:07 AM

Hi all. I'm travelling for now. But I could do of course translation. But in February. Good job. I will test all new stuff when I come back in belgium

RE: XBian localization - BootZ - 10th Jan, 2014 01:38 AM

(9th Jan, 2014 03:52 AM)IriDium Wrote:  So we need localisation on the following languages: Add as needed
Australian Big Grin
Dutch/Flemish (Not too sure how they differ) Koen, Curlymo, Bootz

Started with Dutch. Will need some attention from the other Dutch/Belgium translator but that can be done when I'm finished.
Is it possible to move your translation to transifex? Much more handy than a spreadsheet...

Cheers,

BootZ

XBian localization - mk01 - 10th Jan, 2014 02:15 AM

feel free to take initiative, i have zero experience there. share the info later as you convert to the online system

RE: XBian localization - CurlyMo - 11th Jan, 2014 03:42 AM

Hopefully, xbian-config will soon regain it's glorious layout as it had when i left it:
Terminal

Backup /home to file - Backups XBMC settings, Libraries and related files
20 - 50 Smile

RE: XBian localization - mk01 - 11th Jan, 2014 06:08 AM

I can quite understand that probably the dialogs should stay within area of smallest LCD for RPI, … yes (even the smallest can display 80x25 min with basic font I suppose).

But can you imagine how window 55x15 look on 1920x1080 screen with 240 cols and 80 lines? Smile it is hard to find on the screen.

RE: XBian localization - CurlyMo - 11th Jan, 2014 07:14 AM

I'm on 1920x1080 but my ssh screens are always really tiny (2 or 3 of them).

RE: XBian localization - BootZ - 14th Jan, 2014 09:49 PM

Well, here it is, the Dutch translation. I changed all text in the second field.
Due to the imperfect (what else is new) ODT support in MS Office line 53 is devided into three seperate fields. Did not know if that is the normal layout so please correct it when it needs to be one (1) field.
Furthermore I think it would be wise to let another Dutch translater have a look at it.

Cheers,

BootZ

RE: XBian localization - mk01 - 16th Jan, 2014 01:20 PM

@BootZ,

is it possible to continue in transiflex with other languages? does it allow multiuser access ?

I will pack the language file into next round. I will post version number then.

Maybe better would be to just release one-by-one language support .deb, or one .deb with all languages. Otherwise it will be stuck for some time in devel repo with latest (not yet mature) code.

RE: XBian localization - BootZ - 16th Jan, 2014 07:25 PM

(16th Jan, 2014 01:20 PM)mk01 Wrote:  @BootZ,
is it possible to continue in transiflex with other languages? does it allow multiuser access ?
Yes that is possible. For Arch Linux I did some translation and there where multiple users that could "suggest" (new) translations and only one admin (like I was for the Dutch language) could approve them.

(16th Jan, 2014 01:20 PM)mk01 Wrote:  Maybe better would be to just release one-by-one language support .deb, or one .deb with all languages. Otherwise it will be stuck for some time in devel repo with latest (not yet mature) code.
You are referring to a debian package? Well, my knowledge of .deb files other than installing them equals zero to nothing. Keep in mind that there are a lot of folks (like me) that use windows. Yes I have a Linux laptop and an iMac but that will not be the case with the majority of the users.
If you could use transiflex (or a comparable service) translaters only need a (compatible) internet browser.

Cheers,

BootZ

RE: XBian localization - mk01 - 17th Jan, 2014 12:13 AM

BootZ,

deb for distribution of ready languages to XBian installation, not to translators Wink

btw: are there free services like transiflex? probably limited on functions, dictionaries etc, but which would allow group project like this (x languages, x translators, others proposing corrections)?

RE: XBian localization - CurlyMo - 17th Jan, 2014 04:13 AM

There is already a xbian account of transiflex.

RE: XBian localization - mk01 - 17th Jan, 2014 04:25 AM

I got some google hits a while back but I don't click what I don't know Wink

But currently according the site it's 19.90 for personal access a month.

RE: XBian localization - Blightrt - 17th Jan, 2014 04:42 AM

I can translate it in german

RE: XBian localization - mk01 - 17th Jan, 2014 05:36 AM

@Blightrt

then grab the file and go for it

http://forum.xbian.org/attachment.php?aid=284

Re: XBian localization - CurlyMo - 19th Jan, 2014 05:56 AM

It's free for open source projects. Koenkk has the login details.

From their own website:
Quote:I am an open source project. Where do I sign up?

We are committed to supporting open source initiatives! Open source projects can sign up for free using the option above and enjoy unlimited translations. If you're an open-source project and need a premium account for some reason, get in contact with us.