Forum
XBian DEVEL and STAGING repositories - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Testing & Experimental (/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: XBian DEVEL and STAGING repositories (/thread-1861.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Re: XBian DEVEL and STAGING repositories - f1vefour - 2nd Feb, 2014 04:25 AM

What does a good resolve.conf look like.

Mine had the wrong dns server, fixed that and still no network.

Once I add a route it works, reboot and it's the same all over...

Apparently their are two files that control network, resolv.conf and what else?

RE: XBian DEVEL and STAGING repositories - Akodo - 2nd Feb, 2014 04:43 PM

(2nd Feb, 2014 04:25 AM)f1vefour Wrote:  What does a good resolve.conf look like.

Same thing for me. I'm not using the DEVEL or STAGING repo's and I'm suffering from a sudden inability to access anything beyond the local network.

RE: XBian DEVEL and STAGING repositories - IriDium - 3rd Feb, 2014 03:13 AM

My TEST machine has the same issue with dummy0 but doesn't seem to affect anything - I'm still running on eth0

My MAIN machine (Yet to be upgraded) shows resolv.conf to have just 2 lines.
nameserver xxx.xxx.x.xxx
nameserver xxx.xxx.x.xxx

which are the DNS servers.

RE: XBian DEVEL and STAGING repositories - mk01 - 3rd Feb, 2014 03:59 AM

(31st Jan, 2014 01:35 PM)f1vefour Wrote:  My network is screwed, I don't know what this dummy0 network is either.

I boot up and my eth0 no longer gets an ip address.

I assign it an address (ifconfig eth0 10.10.10.228) and it works on the network but no Internet! I can't ping web addresses (yahoo.com) or ip addresses either (8.8.8.8).

I didn't even run an update, this just happened out of the blue.

default route:

Code:
route add default gw 10.10.10.XXX eth0

(2nd Feb, 2014 04:25 AM)f1vefour Wrote:  What does a good resolve.conf look like.

/etc/network/interfaces
Code:
auto eth0
iface default inet dhcp

/etc/resolv.conf (minimal)
Code:
nameserver 8.8.8.8

/etc/resolv.conf (optimal)
Code:
nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 8.8.4.4
domain myprivatedomain
search myprivatedomain

(31st Jan, 2014 11:03 PM)f1vefour Wrote:  I will check resolv but I should be able to ping ip addresses. My network is fine as am connected to the same router with my phone and it has Internet and network on Pi is fine (after assigning IP) as I'm connected over SSH to the Pi.

check /var/log/upstart/network-interfaces-eth0.log

but the easiest to diagnose - once you get console, try the same command as system is using:

Code:
ifup -v eth0

what you get ?

RE: XBian DEVEL and STAGING repositories - CurlyMo - 7th Feb, 2014 07:13 AM

Kernel of today oopses.

Re: RE: XBian DEVEL and STAGING repositories - f1vefour - 7th Feb, 2014 07:28 AM

(7th Feb, 2014 07:13 AM)CurlyMo Wrote:  Kernel of today oopses.

Thanks for the heads up.

RE: XBian DEVEL and STAGING repositories - belese - 8th Feb, 2014 02:50 AM

EDIT :

Fixed, seem new package of shairplay crash xbmc.
sudo apt-get install xbian-package-shairplay=1.0
and xbmc is now ok.

Hi,

i'm on devel repo and up to date, and houston, i've got a problem (but probably not due directly to xbian),

xbmc start splash/xbmc stop in loop,
but what i've done between it work, and it don't work :
-update xbian to last stage (and don't check if reboot was working).
-install bluetooth adapter (just plug), install alsa, and install a2dp following thi tutorial (by changing user pi to xbian) :
http://www.instructables.com/id/Turn-your-Raspberry-Pi-into-a-Portable-Bluetooth-A/?ALLSTEPS
reboot,
and after xbmc restart in loop.

Error i've got in dmesg :
[ 211.116831] init: wait-for-state (xbmcxbmc-loaded) main process (6924) killed by TERM signal
[ 223.094150] init: xbmc main process (6891) terminated with status 132

and in xbmc.log (dbus_daemon is running):
DBus: Error org.freedesktop.UDisks.Error.Failed - Error mounting: mount exited with exit code 1: helper failed with:
mount: according to mtab, /dev/mmcblk0p2 is already mounted on /home
mount failed

i also try to remove autosart of bluetooth agent and remove udev rules, but same happen.

there are also some change in xbian-config-xbmc, but it shouldn't be that.

complete log
dmesg :
http://pastebin.com/v9CRFtfS

xbmc.log :
http://pastebin.com/6yc3JFcR

Thanks.

XBian DEVEL and STAGING repositories - Jingles - 16th Feb, 2014 09:32 AM

I am on devel and staging and had the same issue with xbmc getting stuck while loading. Downgrading to shairplay 1.0 from 1.0.1 fixed this for me too

RE: XBian DEVEL and STAGING repositories - belese - 18th Feb, 2014 01:00 AM

i've just 2 problems :

i've a HDD with a primary partition ntfs,
after a logical partition, with 3 partitions,
all are mount on Xbian, but only the ntfs and the first one of logical partition is share via samba.

Others one :
if i reboot, splash is running in background of xbmc (i don't see it), but it slow down the pi (10% of proc), if i kill splash, xbmc running fine, otherwise it is really slow.

but i've don't update from this week end update, i'll wait to fix xbian-config and do it later, so maybe already fixed.

Belese

RE: XBian DEVEL and STAGING repositories - Erol - 21st Feb, 2014 07:25 PM

Hi all,

I am running xbian-package-xbmc-gotham-nightly 2.9-10.25 and using CEC with my Sony Bravia.

One thing I noticed, but I am not sure if this is usual behavior or bug. If I watch a video in XBMC then pause and switch HDMI source to regular TV, the video keeps playing, so when I return to XBIAN I can see that it is still playing.

To me it looks like input source switch on my TV remote somehow unpauses a video before it switches to another source.

Anyone facing something similar?

Br,

Erol

RE: XBian DEVEL and STAGING repositories - gizag - 28th Feb, 2014 06:09 AM

So I'm now at staging, updated today by doing an apt-get install xbian-update

AutoFS is not starting automatically, no problem don't need it Wink

However I noticed after rebooting and thus starting the new kernel (3.12.7+) that XBMC won't start. VCHIQ device is not being created I poked around a bit and it seems the module is just not loaded.

A "modprobe vchiq" solves the problem and allows XBMC to start Smile

Another thing I run into is that the xbmc gotham nightly won't start automatically, after boot up xbian spends a lot of time configuring network and then drops back into a standard tty with login prompt. This was also without running staging btw.

RE: XBian DEVEL and STAGING repositories - Jingles - 4th Mar, 2014 09:42 AM

I have three problems at the minute and I think they are all since I starting using devel and staging.

1. I can't open xbian-config. Every time I boot my system or try to launch xbian-config manually i get the following message:
Code:
/usr/local/sbin/xbian-config: line 203: /run/lock/xbian-config.gui: No such file or directory

2. As with other users above my network connection is not working pronely. I have configured my /etc/network/interfaces and /etc/resolv.conf as @mk01 explains but each time I boot i have to run ifup -v eth0 to get any network connectivity.

3. When running dist-upgrade the firmware upgrade fails with the information below:
Code:
xbian@sierra ~ $ sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  xbian-package-firmware-6q
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 38.6 MB of archives.
After this operation, 164 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
Get:1 http://xbian.brantje.com/ devel/main xbian-package-firmware-6q armhf 1.5.0-2 [38.6 MB]
Fetched 38.6 MB in 27s (1,411 kB/s)                                            
Create a snapshot of '/tmp/btrfs-snap/root/@' in '/tmp/btrfs-snap/root/@btrfs-auto-snap_apt-run-2014-03-03-2249'
Delete subvolume '/tmp/btrfs-snap/root/@btrfs-auto-snap_apt-run-2014-03-02-1725'
@btrfs-auto-snap_apt-run-2014-03-03-2249, 1 created snapshots, 1 destroyed snapshots, 0 warnings.
(Reading database ... 49748 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking xbian-package-firmware-6q (from .../xbian-package-firmware-6q_1.5.0-2_armhf.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/xbian-package-firmware-6q_1.5.0-2_armhf.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite '/etc/ld.so.conf.d/xbian-firmware.conf', which is also in package xbian-package-firmware 1.4.13-1
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)

Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/xbian-package-firmware-6q_1.5.0-2_armhf.deb

Little bit at a loss >_<

RE: XBian DEVEL and STAGING repositories - freem@n - 5th Mar, 2014 08:33 AM

(4th Mar, 2014 09:42 AM)Jingles Wrote:  1. I can't open xbian-config. Every time I boot my system or try to launch xbian-config manually i get the following message:
Code:
/usr/local/sbin/xbian-config: line 203: /run/lock/xbian-config.gui: No such file or directory

(...)

3. When running dist-upgrade the firmware upgrade fails with the information below:
Code:
xbian@sierra ~ $ sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  xbian-package-firmware-6q
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 38.6 MB of archives.
After this operation, 164 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
Get:1 http://xbian.brantje.com/ devel/main xbian-package-firmware-6q armhf 1.5.0-2 [38.6 MB]
Fetched 38.6 MB in 27s (1,411 kB/s)                                            
Create a snapshot of '/tmp/btrfs-snap/root/@' in '/tmp/btrfs-snap/root/@btrfs-auto-snap_apt-run-2014-03-03-2249'
Delete subvolume '/tmp/btrfs-snap/root/@btrfs-auto-snap_apt-run-2014-03-02-1725'
@btrfs-auto-snap_apt-run-2014-03-03-2249, 1 created snapshots, 1 destroyed snapshots, 0 warnings.
(Reading database ... 49748 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking xbian-package-firmware-6q (from .../xbian-package-firmware-6q_1.5.0-2_armhf.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/xbian-package-firmware-6q_1.5.0-2_armhf.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite '/etc/ld.so.conf.d/xbian-firmware.conf', which is also in package xbian-package-firmware 1.4.13-1
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)

Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/xbian-package-firmware-6q_1.5.0-2_armhf.deb

Little bit at a loss >_<

1. same for me. it even was like this on stable. but now I'm on staging and devel as well. both command line and gui xbian-config refuse to start.
3. somehow I think the "...-6q" packages are exclusive for the CuBox-i platform...somebody correct me please if I'm wrong. however I'm getting the same kind of issue.

RE: XBian DEVEL and STAGING repositories - belese - 5th Mar, 2014 08:43 AM

maybe log file can help?
at least for xbmc xbian config

yes -6q is for cubox, no idea why there are there,

i've done all process today, flash image beta2 from xbian site, copy to usb vian xbian-config xbmc, reboot (on usb drive), adding staging and devel in apt source, update all via xbmc xbian-config, and everything goes fine, just need to wait, it reboot itself, and i'm on rc1 running on usb drive.

RE: XBian DEVEL and STAGING repositories - Dave400 - 11th Mar, 2014 06:15 PM

ignore this.. only way to subscribe thread...