Forum
Wlan0: Could not connect to <router SSID> (['-1']) - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Installation (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Wlan0: Could not connect to <router SSID> (['-1']) (/thread-1891.html)

Wlan0: Could not connect to <router SSID> (['-1']) - NorNor - 14th Dec, 2013 04:19 AM

Hi All,

This seems to be an error I cannot overcome currently:

Wlan0: Could not connect to <router SSID> (['-1'])

I have made sure DHCP is selected and the router SSID is correctly being picked up with 3 stars.

I have done so much googling but never found any solutions. Help Huh

Many thanks for your help and to the Xbian devs for such an awesome program.

RE: Wlan0: Could not connect to <router SSID> (['-1']) - mk01 - 14th Dec, 2013 08:27 AM

@NorNor

what type is the network (WPA/WEP/Open)
what is SSID (name)
what is pass (???)

(-1 looks like wrong number of parameters being sent - so those parameters are not parsed properly)

RE: Wlan0: Could not connect to <router SSID> (['-1']) - NorNor - 14th Dec, 2013 09:07 PM

(14th Dec, 2013 08:27 AM)mk01 Wrote:  @NorNor

what type is the network (WPA/WEP/Open)
what is SSID (name)
what is pass (???)

(-1 looks like wrong number of parameters being sent - so those parameters are not parsed properly)

You know what I thought that might be the issue!

It is an open network so I am guessing it NEEDS a password. Going to give that a try right now and I shall report back.

RE: Wlan0: Could not connect to <router SSID> (['-1']) - mk01 - 14th Dec, 2013 09:23 PM

for open network it expects just name.
but if -1 gets returned, this means as not even "wlan0 Open whatevername" was processed and this is bare minimum. isn't it open network with hidden ssid ?

then it would make sense and needs to be fixed.

RE: Wlan0: Could not connect to <router SSID> (['-1']) - NorNor - 15th Dec, 2013 07:29 AM

Sorry for not replying but I have been fiddling about so much with this thing it has been hard.

Basically in my infinite STUPIDITY I had not changed the secondary router onto the same subnet as my main one. I cannot believe I have bothered you all with this. I am so sorry but thank you so much for all your help! Smile

RE: Wlan0: Could not connect to <router SSID> (['-1']) - mk01 - 15th Dec, 2013 09:00 AM

no problem !