Forum
[Solved] Xbian-config overclock settings - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: [Solved] Xbian-config overclock settings (/thread-1894.html)

[Solved] Xbian-config overclock settings - Smultie - 14th Dec, 2013 07:26 AM

Short question, will any of the choices in xbian-config's overclock settings void the warranty?
Ever since running from USB I feel pretty confident running at the Turbo-setting, but I'd like to know if this setting voids my warranty.

RE: Xbian-config overclock settings - CurlyMo - 14th Dec, 2013 07:46 AM

No they won't, as long as you don't touch the config.txt file yourself.

RE: Xbian-config overclock settings - Smultie - 14th Dec, 2013 05:13 PM

Thanks for the answer!

RE: [Solved] Xbian-config overclock settings - mk01 - 14th Dec, 2013 05:30 PM

@Smultie

if you plan go above 950/450/500 do a backup first. although btrfs stands standard power off/on (unclean) very well, if it writes wrong metadata or checksums because too fast sdram or core clock - you will not recover the filesystem at all. wrong btree info will with cascade effect spread across whole filesystem.

RE: [Solved] Xbian-config overclock settings - Smultie - 14th Dec, 2013 06:03 PM

Recovery would be possible with copying the backed up .img.gz?

RE: [Solved] Xbian-config overclock settings - mk01 - 14th Dec, 2013 06:18 PM

yep

RE: [Solved] Xbian-config overclock settings - Smultie - 14th Dec, 2013 06:33 PM

Then I dare taking the risk !

That implies samba works even with a crashed filesystem? Or how would I copy the backed up file?

RE: [Solved] Xbian-config overclock settings - mk01 - 14th Dec, 2013 07:04 PM

if FS crashed then FS crashed. you will re-flash from clean distro IMG, boot, copy img.gz file over to restore XBMC & home

if you would have clone img (whole system), then you can re-flash from it

but normally backuphome is ENOUGH if you don't have deeply customized system (like you installed quake3 arena and needs to get filesaves Smile )

RE: [Solved] Xbian-config overclock settings - Smultie - 14th Dec, 2013 07:11 PM

Just wondering, what are you running personally mk01?
I think I will stick to high (950), since I don't really notice the difference between High and Turbo anyway.

RE: [Solved] Xbian-config overclock settings - CurlyMo - 14th Dec, 2013 07:22 PM

I have ran turbo since it was possible and never had issues.

RE: [Solved] Xbian-config overclock settings - mk01 - 14th Dec, 2013 07:27 PM

exactly

see my other post bottom full http://forum.xbian.org/thread-1770-post-18781.html#pid18781

one my RPI is doing 930/420/500/2, the other 900/400/500/2
always when I attempted to break the barrier I jumped like to 980 or higher and lost FS once otherwise remount RO and panic. all between makes no difference.

and at the end of the day most of the "fluid" experience comes from core clock. as bus/mmc controller, eth, ALL is going firstly via core. I give my 10$ that 1000arm 400core will _measure_ within 1s with 800arm 400core for all tasks (not guessing PI number for 200+ places - there arm will have impact Smile )

(14th Dec, 2013 07:22 PM)CurlyMo Wrote:  I have ran turbo since it was possible and never had issues.

I'm sure there are pieces running this. but simply mine's are out of reaching this.

btw: yesterday burned down microSD adapter - was running non stop since Feb. 4GB micro card is ok.