Forum
Remote Question - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Remotes and CEC support (/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: Remote Question (/thread-1902.html)

Remote Question - cd1 - 18th Dec, 2013 12:32 AM

Hello All,

I am currently using the Raspberry Pi with the Xbian beta 2 release.. I wanted to see if anyone can give me some advice to which remote control kit is the best out there to use and will work well with both the raspberry pi as well as the xbian release.

thanks once again

RE: Remote Question - rikardo1979 - 18th Dec, 2013 12:46 AM

(18th Dec, 2013 12:32 AM)cd1 Wrote:  Hello All,

I am currently using the Raspberry Pi with the Xbian beta 2 release.. I wanted to see if anyone can give me some advice to which remote control kit is the best out there to use and will work well with both the raspberry pi as well as the xbian release.

thanks once again
write some more about your setup first, how you re connected, what you going to operate, if just just simple media operation etc...
the info you provided is just simply not enough, cos all this people can start advice their remotes which actually not suits you.
So find what you need it for what you going to do with it and rest is above
-thx-

RE: Remote Question - cd1 - 18th Dec, 2013 12:53 AM

(18th Dec, 2013 12:46 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  

thanks once again
write some more about your setup first, how you re connected, what you going to operate, if just just simple media operation etc...
the info you provided is just simply not enough, cos all this people can start advice their remotes which actually not suits you.
-thx-

Sorry About that..

Basically I have xbain loaded running xbmc. I have installed a few apps in there. ( filmon, Mashup and iheart radio.. I just need some kind of remote to navigate through this so I don't have to use a wireless keyboard.. I am going to be giving this to my parents who would prefer the remote better than a wireless keyboard.

RE: Remote Question - rikardo1979 - 18th Dec, 2013 01:02 AM

(18th Dec, 2013 12:53 AM)cd1 Wrote:  

thanks once again
-thx-

Sorry About that..

Basically I have xbain loaded running xbmc. I have installed a few apps in there. ( filmon, Mashup and iheart radio.. I just need some kind of remote to navigate through this so I don't have to use a wireless keyboard.. I am going to be giving this to my parents who would prefer the remote better than a wireless keyboard.
and what about your setup, I've asked about that too together with connection.we never ask for no reason here, and the reason is co you may actually not need one as nowadays most of the HDMI connected screen support CEC.
So whats your setup, connections again and do you heard of CEC ?

RE: Remote Question - cd1 - 18th Dec, 2013 01:12 AM

(18th Dec, 2013 01:02 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  
(18th Dec, 2013 12:53 AM)cd1 Wrote:  

thanks once again
-thx-

Sorry About that..

and what about your setup, I've asked about that too together with connection.we never ask for no reason here, and the reason is co you may actually not need one as nowadays most of the HDMI connected screen support CEC.
So whats your setup, connections again and do you heard of CEC ?

Hello,

If you are referring to my video connection.. I am using HDMI.. I am sorry but I have not heard about the CEC.. Not sure how to use it or how it works.

thanks once again.

Also the tv does turn on when I power on my raspberry pi and flip to the correct HDMI input.

thanks

RE: Remote Question - rikardo1979 - 18th Dec, 2013 01:29 AM

ok, great so we moving somewhere now Wink
see if you provide all the information requested or mentioned in rules we could save a lot of time and lot of writing lines
how ever, what is the TV make and exact model please so we may look at it and in a mean time you read a bit about CEC please

RE: Remote Question - cd1 - 18th Dec, 2013 01:42 AM

(18th Dec, 2013 01:29 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  ok, great so we moving somewhere now Wink
see if you provide all the information requested or mentioned in rules we could save a lot of time and lot of writing lines
how ever, what is the TV make and exact model please so we may look at it and in a mean time you read a bit about CEC please

Hello

Here is the info needed.
TV is a Samsung
Model # UN46C6300SFXZA

Thanks much.

RE: Remote Question - rikardo1979 - 18th Dec, 2013 02:02 AM

so you dont need and extra remote as your TV it supports Anynet+™ (HDMI-CEC)
you may need to turn it ON maybe somewhere in menu but than you should fully operate your XBian XBMC with the remote of your TV Wink