Forum
[TASK] Connect to a vpn - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: [TASK] Connect to a vpn (/thread-1923.html)

Connect to a vpn - jetsmike73 - 22nd Dec, 2013 09:00 AM

I have openvpn setup on my main media server running ubuntu and would like to connect my pi to it via cable and use its vpn is this something that can be done.

Thanks

RE: Connect to a vpn - mk01 - 22nd Dec, 2013 09:54 AM

yes. I would even say by using the same Howto as you used for Ubuntu (of course client part, not server part).

this one looks nice
https://wiki.debian.org/openvpn%20for%20server%20and%20client

just skip to the client part

RE: Connect to a vpn - Podolan78 - 13th Jul, 2017 05:34 PM

I am a windows user so have been trying to find the most reliable service to change my IP when accessing internet. I found a list of the best windows vpn services and unable to decide on one of these. Could anyone help?

RE: Connect to a vpn - Nachteule - 13th Jul, 2017 07:33 PM

(13th Jul, 2017 05:34 PM)Podolan78 Wrote:  I am a windows user so have been trying to find the most reliable service to change my IP when accessing internet. I found a list of the best windows vpn services and unable to decide on one of these. Could anyone help?

Sorry, do not use a VPN, so having absolutely no experience Sad

BTW, a bit OT here, I'm sure there are better places to get answers for your problem Dodgy

RE: Connect to a vpn - nathandev - 26th Oct, 2019 11:45 AM

(13th Jul, 2017 05:34 PM)Podolan78 Wrote:  I am a windows user so have been trying to find the most reliable service to change my IP when accessing internet.

Maybe I'm missing something here, I saw this post originally but didn't reply then. I was thinking you're trying to connect to a client's machine or something but didn't want a far away IP address to show up. What you want is accomplished easily using; <LINK_REMOVED_BY_MODERATOR> for another example you can try "Tor Browser Bundle for Windows"

RE: Connect to a vpn - deHakkelaar - 27th Oct, 2019 12:55 PM

(26th Oct, 2019 11:45 AM)nathandev Wrote:  I saw this post originally but didn't reply then.

Originally was 6 years ago Dodgy
As mentioned before, this is not on topic (XBian).
And no reason to post a link to a commercial product with a just newly created forum account.
I've removed the link.

RE: Connect to a vpn - nathandev - 28th Oct, 2019 09:11 PM

(27th Oct, 2019 12:55 PM)deHakkelaar Wrote:  
(26th Oct, 2019 11:45 AM)nathandev Wrote:  I saw this post originally but didn't reply then.

Originally was 6 years ago Dodgy
As mentioned before, this is not on topic (XBian).
And no reason to post a link to a commercial product with a just newly created forum account.
I've removed the link.

Understood, my mistake Sad

RE: Connect to a vpn - deHakkelaar - 29th Oct, 2019 12:30 PM

No problem ... am trying to keep spammers at bay.
You can mention commercial products but please dont link to them.
Cheers!

RE: Connect to a vpn - nathandev - 30th Oct, 2019 07:50 AM

Sure Wink

RE: Connect to a vpn - Thomas Reynold - 1st Nov, 2019 04:45 PM

I have installed new SSD on my pC
But i am still unable to setup my Pure vpn on it and desperately waiting to play games with my new Hard drive.
Does any body know how to connect my pure vpn account on it manually ?