Forum
[PROBLEM] No reboot after unplugging - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Installation (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] No reboot after unplugging (/thread-1938.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: No reboot after unplugging - mk01 - 8th Jan, 2014 10:37 AM

@kas_27_es,

the /dev/sdb1 as destination is a typo or you used /dev/sdb1 ?

if yes, then this would be the issue as you put whole block image (including partition table) into one partition on block device with different partition table.

i'm surprised it even booted first time. then it tried to resize filesystems, partitions. use sdb (without partiton number)

RE: No reboot after unplugging - kas_27_es - 8th Jan, 2014 09:51 PM

(8th Jan, 2014 10:37 AM)mk01 Wrote:  @kas_27_es,

the /dev/sdb1 as destination is a typo or you used /dev/sdb1 ?

if yes, then this would be the issue as you put whole block image (including partition table) into one partition on block device with different partition table.

i'm surprised it even booted first time. then it tried to resize filesystems, partitions. use sdb (without partiton number)

I used /dev/sdb1, once I used /dev/sdb but it didn't start. I'll try again using /dev/sdb and will see...

(28th Dec, 2013 05:57 PM)f1vefour Wrote:  There needs to be a way to enable logging to the boot partition in this case, disabling splash may allow you to see what's happening. Sounds kinda like a bad SDCard, before you shutdown the first time login to your Pi with SSH and run 'dmesg > sys.log' then post the output of sys.log to pastebin please.

What do you have plugged into the USB ports?

I think so, probably the problem was the SD. I'll try with other as soon as I can buy one.

I've plugged into the USB the next:
- BT keyboard adapter .
- USB Host for my HDD.