Forum
Moving Beta 2 to bigger card - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Installation (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Moving Beta 2 to bigger card (/thread-1941.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Moving Beta 2 to bigger card - mk01 - 7th Jan, 2014 10:01 PM

(26th Dec, 2013 11:01 PM)Baz8755 Wrote:  Before Beta 2 I used to be able to use win32diskimager to take a copy of the 2GB and write that copy to the 8GB card. Then when booting the Pi Xbian used to resize the partition.

Now however it does not do the resize and Xbian reports a 2GB card (even though it is 8GB)

XBian is resizing only physically LAST partition. if the one it boots from is not last, resize will not run. during first boot XBian creates swap partition at the end of SD card.

when you copied 2gb card with win32imager, it copied also this swap partition.
1. simple solution is just delete the part nr. 3, then it will resize and recreate swap as needed.

2. or use XBian's native tools to copy the installation. XBian config can create own .img which you can just reflash to another card / usb disk.
3. or it can also copy own partition to another media directly. but there you would need to create /boot manually.

(28th Dec, 2013 03:07 AM)Baz8755 Wrote:  My only concern is whether or not the resize issue has caused any file system corruption, I hope not.

for sure no.

the now and then appearing "freeze" after resize happens after all is done. splash displays last action still which is resize. actually update of the status on splash is the freeze and also we found why. during next .img rollout this won't happen anymore.

RE: Moving Beta 2 to bigger card - javirs - 14th Jan, 2014 10:35 PM

When is this img rollout gonna happen??

Im stuck with this freezing at FS RESIZE step, I already entered a post in the forum about that, can you please take a look at it ??

http://forum.xbian.org/thread-2013.html

Thanks in advance !!
Is a pitty that this is so buggy, I had openELEC but I wanted some of the flexibility of XBian but .. if it does not work smooth.. I'll have to get back to openELEC Sad

RE: Moving Beta 2 to bigger card - mk01 - 16th Jan, 2014 01:04 PM

@javirs

as I posted above, this are solutions:

1) remove splash from cmdline.txt
or
2) update your xbian installation (at least xbian-package-initramfs-tools package)