Forum
Install stuck I think. Get ".ok" upper left screen - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Installation (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Install stuck I think. Get ".ok" upper left screen (/thread-1946.html)

Pages: 1 2

Install stuck I think. Get ".ok" upper left screen - post-meridian - 28th Dec, 2013 04:32 AM

I'm about 30 minutes into installing xbian and things seem to be just sitting there. I don't want to power down in case it's just taking a long time. I booted with the install SD card, it went through some sort of download and updating, and then rebooted. I got a large red "R" center screen with ".ok" in the upper left corner. I stepped away for a moment and when I returned the screen was blank. I hit the enter key on the keyboard and the ".ok" reappeared but nothing else. I can see the network activity LED flashing so possibly it's still doing something.

I figured it would be best to ask before powering off and trying to start over. Any advice at this point? I'm using a 4Gb SD disk which has worked in the past. The network and Raspberry Pi have worked with other OSes like Raspbian, RISCOS and Plan 9.

RE: Install stuck I think. Get ".ok" upper left screen - IriDium - 28th Dec, 2013 05:10 AM

Sounds like you've got the wrong forum. This is for Xbian not Raspbmc!

RE: Install stuck I think. Get ".ok" upper left screen - mk01 - 8th Jan, 2014 10:39 AM

No, good forum.

He just need to install a fix to firmware by flashing xbian.img.

RE: Install stuck I think. Get ".ok" upper left screen - rikardo1979 - 8th Jan, 2014 04:54 PM

but to having big red R in center of the screen means he installing Raspbmc and not XBian as @IriDium mentioned he is in wrong part of the world here.
@post-meridian
So lets download our installer and start over or if you still want Raspbmc than you need to look there for help

RE: Install stuck I think. Get ".ok" upper left screen - mk01 - 8th Jan, 2014 05:10 PM

@rikardo

you missed the funny point Wink

having red R in corner is a bug to fix

Re: RE: Install stuck I think. Get ".ok" upper left screen - rikardo1979 - 8th Jan, 2014 07:54 PM

(8th Jan, 2014 05:10 PM)mk01 Wrote:  @rikardo

you missed the funny point Wink

having red R in corner is a bug to fix

but havent he mentioned the large red R in middle of screen?
To me it sounds like Raspbmc logo
So let the user to clarify Wink

RE: Install stuck I think. Get ".ok" upper left screen - mk01 - 8th Jan, 2014 10:29 PM

exactly. it can be fixed by flashing XBian. can not? Smile)

RE: Install stuck I think. Get ".ok" upper left screen - rikardo1979 - 8th Jan, 2014 11:56 PM

(8th Jan, 2014 10:29 PM)mk01 Wrote:  exactly. it can be fixed by flashing XBian. can not? Smile)

got u now lol, and you r right I would say Wink

RE: Install stuck I think. Get ".ok" upper left screen - IriDium - 9th Jan, 2014 02:14 AM

One day I WILL get Slovakian sarcasm :-)

RE: Install stuck I think. Get ".ok" upper left screen - mk01 - 9th Jan, 2014 04:10 AM

@IriDium,

you get only on order. for 0.99$

and no refund !

RE: Install stuck I think. Get ".ok" upper left screen - rikardo1979 - 9th Jan, 2014 05:27 AM

(9th Jan, 2014 02:14 AM)IriDium Wrote:  One day I WILL get Slovakian sarcasm :-)

no worries m8, I'm from there and it took me a few posts as you can see till I get it lol

RE: Install stuck I think. Get ".ok" upper left screen - mk01 - 9th Jan, 2014 05:56 AM

friends, you are impolite. we could have stolen a soul. one was almost ours, 6 billions to go Big Grin

RE: Install stuck I think. Get ".ok" upper left screen - CurlyMo - 11th Jan, 2014 04:47 AM

Why isn't XBian like Raspbmc: https://bitsex.net/software/2014/xbian-vs-raspbmc/

RE: Install stuck I think. Get ".ok" upper left screen - rikardo1979 - 11th Jan, 2014 07:33 AM

(11th Jan, 2014 04:47 AM)CurlyMo Wrote:  Why isn't XBian like Raspbmc: https://bitsex.net/software/2014/xbian-vs-raspbmc/

genius Smile yes, why it behaves so strange if its based on it??? hmmm, big question mark but would like to meet that genius who wrote that lol Big Grin

RE: Install stuck I think. Get ".ok" upper left screen - mk01 - 11th Jan, 2014 08:03 AM

I have seen this one few days ago as well.

But because WE are not used to make funny of other people, I checked the resolv helper tool non-support. I was trying to find such XBian release. But could not.

Maybe Curly will remember more, back to 2012 ?
B2 has ics-client with huge support of helper tools via standard hook-dirs
B1 was udhcpc with isc available in system (udhcpc script by default looking for resolv helper)
A5 udhcpc as B1

I suppose we will never get to know how good the party night before in his house was. But seeing the test, I'm jealous.

btw rikardo1979 but you see also in this context idea and need of XBian's workspace maybe be the same, but shockingly different Wink