Forum
[Part 1] Download torrent & newsserver package - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Testing & Experimental (/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: [Part 1] Download torrent & newsserver package (/thread-196.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - harmenzon - 6th Feb, 2013 07:33 PM

(6th Feb, 2013 07:22 PM)CurlyMo Wrote:  
Code:
sudo apt-get install python-cheetah

After installing python-cheetah and running the previous code again it works!
Thanks!

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - CurlyMo - 6th Feb, 2013 07:39 PM

The previous code was just part of the sickbeard init script. So you can now stop using that command and start using the sickbeard init script again.

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - CurlyMo - 6th Feb, 2013 08:50 PM

I've updated sickbeard again with the python-cheetah package as a dependency. This will automatically be installed in the future when installing sickbeard through apt.

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - CurlyMo - 7th Feb, 2013 07:25 AM

Sorry i didn't listen, but i though the transmission package was more important Smile

http://jb.xenserver.sk/xbian/xbian-package-transmission1.0.deb

The procedure is the same as the other packages. I believe transmission has one dependency:
Code:
sudo apt-get install libevent-dev, libcurl3
Please install it first.

Happy Testing

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - CurlyMo - 7th Feb, 2013 09:25 AM

Thanks for thanking me, but i'd rather hear if everything is working or not...

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - adepssimius - 7th Feb, 2013 10:45 AM

(6th Feb, 2013 08:50 PM)CurlyMo Wrote:  I've updated sickbeard again with the python-cheetah package as a dependency. This will automatically be installed in the future when installing sickbeard through apt.

For reference in the mean time the commands to install the sickbeard package should read
Code:
sudo su
cd /home/xbian/
wget http://jb.xenserver.sk/xbian/xbian-package-sickbeard1.0.deb
apt-get install python-cheetah
dpkg -r xbian-package-sickbeard
dpkg -i xbian-package-sickbeard1.0.deb
This will work if you are getting an error about dependencies and this suggestion shows up 5 pages after the original code.

CurlyMo,

When I go to add an existing show in sickbeard, I get the error
Code:
SHOWQUEUE-ADD :: Error contacting TVDB: Could not connect to server: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/local/share/sickbeard/cache/tvdb/584aa90539a25686daef323fcd7dca67.body'

appearing in the log. Any idea why?

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - CurlyMo - 7th Feb, 2013 06:52 PM

I've updated the original instructions. Looks like sickbeard (temporarily) can't connect to the TVDB website? Adding shows and downloading just worked here.

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - angriest - 7th Feb, 2013 10:01 PM

(7th Feb, 2013 06:52 PM)CurlyMo Wrote:  I've updated the original instructions. Looks like sickbeard (temporarily) can't connect to the TVDB website? Adding shows and downloading just worked here.

I've had the same problem with adding shows (a fresh install of xbian with the newest individual package for sickbeard yesterday, plus python-cheetah as per previous posts). I tried installing the windows version of SB on my laptop, but it was able to access TVDB and add the shows fine, so not convinced it's a problem at TVDB's end. Think it might be a permissions thing - I set permissions to 777 for the folders the new sickbeard installation is using, but no success. Will report back if I discover the solution.

Cheers, Jim

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - CurlyMo - 7th Feb, 2013 10:02 PM

What show did you guys try to add, so i can test it here?

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - adepssimius - 7th Feb, 2013 11:14 PM

(7th Feb, 2013 10:02 PM)CurlyMo Wrote:  What show did you guys try to add, so i can test it here?

I added previously acquired shows with the sickbeard interface after changing the download directory to the tv shows folder on my external hdd. Shows I tried were burn notice and dexter (already located in my tv shows folder). I thought it was a permissions error as well because of another "user friendly error" about removing nfo files manually (which don't exist in any of my downloads). The error shows up in the sickbeard interface but not in the logs strangely enough. I ended up changing permissions of the tv shows folder to 777 to no avail.

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - angriest - 7th Feb, 2013 11:22 PM

(7th Feb, 2013 10:02 PM)CurlyMo Wrote:  What show did you guys try to add, so i can test it here?

I tried a few over the course of yesterday - The Simpsons, Boardwalk Empire, er, Call the Midwife - added via 'new shows' rather than from a pre-existing folder.

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - CurlyMo - 7th Feb, 2013 11:33 PM

I think this change should fix it:
Code:
cache_dir = cache
to
Code:
cache_dir = /home/xbian/torrents

Can you guys confirm, then i'll update the deb.

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - angriest - 7th Feb, 2013 11:39 PM

(7th Feb, 2013 11:33 PM)CurlyMo Wrote:  Can you guys confirm, then i'll update the deb.

Cheers, will have a look when I'm within range of the pi this evening and let you know.

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - adepssimius - 8th Feb, 2013 01:20 AM

(7th Feb, 2013 11:33 PM)CurlyMo Wrote:  I think this change should fix it:
Code:
cache_dir = cache
to
Code:
cache_dir = /home/xbian/torrents

Can you guys confirm, then i'll update the deb.

This fixed the issue. Just to confirm, the permissions on the torrents folder were already set to 777, correct? I changed them when I changed the cache directory like above and it didn't work because sickbeard was still running when I made the change. Sickbeard writes out the config file when it shuts down, so it was set back to the normal cache location. Shutting down sickbeard, making the change above, then restarting fixed the issue. I am now able to add existing and new shows.

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - CurlyMo - 8th Feb, 2013 04:58 AM

Sickbeard has been updated again.