Forum
[Part 1] Download torrent & newsserver package - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Testing & Experimental (/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: [Part 1] Download torrent & newsserver package (/thread-196.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Re: RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - kas_27_es - 11th Feb, 2013 03:40 AM

(11th Feb, 2013 02:26 AM)CurlyMo Wrote:  If you want to change the settings of one of these packages, you first need to shut them down. Because they write the config with which they have started with back to the configuration file when closed. So if you edit the config file for transmission, transmission will revert the changes on reboot. So, first stop transmission, then edit the file, then start transmission again.

Thanks,

I've just modified it and now I'm testing...

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - CurlyMo - 11th Feb, 2013 10:07 AM

Couchpotato is ready for testing, see the first post.

Re: RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - kas_27_es - 11th Feb, 2013 05:29 PM

(11th Feb, 2013 03:40 AM)kas_27_es Wrote:  
(11th Feb, 2013 02:26 AM)CurlyMo Wrote:  If you want to change the settings of one of these packages, you first need to shut them down. Because they write the config with which they have started with back to the configuration file when closed. So if you edit the config file for transmission, transmission will revert the changes on reboot. So, first stop transmission, then edit the file, then start transmission again.

Thanks,

I've just modified it and now I'm testing...

Yeah, the changes work fine and the script too.

I'll try to write a basic strip by step tutorial.

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - harmenzon - 11th Feb, 2013 07:41 PM

Tested Couchpotato this morning. Installs without errors. Webgui opens without errors. And movies are downloaded with nzbget. so all good!

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - CurlyMo - 11th Feb, 2013 07:48 PM

Great! Awaiting results from @angriest, @adepssimius, @millie, @will13 and our other faithfull testers!

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - mannix - 11th Feb, 2013 11:10 PM

What about headphones? Will it be readded later?

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - CurlyMo - 11th Feb, 2013 11:16 PM

If you read this topic, you saw i was recreating packages for all the programs in the poll (except leechr).

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - mannix - 11th Feb, 2013 11:22 PM

Sorry, I've read the first half a while ago, I missed that part, mt fault.
I'm going to uninstall the old download package and reinstall following the instructions on first post.
I'll give you feedback asap, thank you very much!

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - angriest - 11th Feb, 2013 11:33 PM

Couchpotato - gave it a quick go this morning, started up fine, webui accessible, lets me change settings, able to add films and sent a torrent to transmission successfully Haven't been able to test with nzbget yet though.

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - adepssimius - 12th Feb, 2013 02:34 AM

(11th Feb, 2013 07:48 PM)CurlyMo Wrote:  Great! Awaiting results from @angriest, @adepssimius, @millie, @will13 and our other faithfull testers!

I'm not sure how to thoroughly test this, as I don't totally know what these packages are intended to do (I just have a pretty good working knowledge of linux troubleshooting). I think I understand how these packages work together somewhat, but I would appreciate if a knowledgeable user would confirm or correct my understanding. I think the flow is

[torrent or nbz downloaded from torrent site or usenet by sickbeard, headphones, or couchpotato]
[torrents are passed to transmission] and [nbzs are passed to nbzget]
[downloaded files are passed to ________(I don't know what) by ________(which program does the passing?)]
[downloaded files are sorted by sickbeard, couchpotato, or headphones]
[XBMC is notified by sickbeard, couchpotato, or headphones]

If somebody can confirm that and fill in the blanks, I could start testing this better.

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - SolGarlic - 12th Feb, 2013 04:45 AM

I had manually installed latest transmission and working well.
Now I installed both SickBeard and NZBget following the instructions in the first post.
Everything working fine, although it did not found unrar, so I installed it (again??) following the instructions in this forum.
Sickbeard finds the shows and NZBget starts downloading and extracting. Sickbeard also postprocessed the files and moved and renamed them (don't know if it does this from time to time).
The only thing I noticed is that XBMC has crashed or exited more frequently. Also a slight lag from time to time, but I can live with that while downloading.
More specifically, I had 2 crashes/freezes while watching a SD movie. XBMC also exited without apparent reason. I also noticed that after entering "xbian-config" to restart XBMC, as soon as I exited xbian-config to the command line, XBMC exited as well.

Is any of these behaviours expected?
(I'm running a rPI with 256Mb, with latest xbian and XBMC final, with an external USB HDD with it's own power supply, and the rPI is powered by a motorola charger so it should be OK).

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - harmenzon - 12th Feb, 2013 04:51 AM

I think this behaviour is expected. I believe the Pi should only do one task, and not both at the same time. So maybe download at night and watch when downloads are finished. Or even better, have an option which stops the downloads when watching something in XBMC. I believe someone was working on this option...

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - CurlyMo - 12th Feb, 2013 04:54 AM

Yes, it is expected. Like harmenzon says.

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - SolGarlic - 12th Feb, 2013 05:04 AM

1 - Is there anyway to restart XBMC automatically?
2 - Is the 512MB version more stable?
3 - Is it possible to see the amount of resources each program is using?

Thanks in advance, and good work!

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - CurlyMo - 12th Feb, 2013 05:05 AM

1) With a cronjob maybe
2) No
3)
Code: