Forum
[Part 1] Download torrent & newsserver package - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Testing & Experimental (/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: [Part 1] Download torrent & newsserver package (/thread-196.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - millie - 24th Jan, 2013 02:53 AM

Headphones doesn't start on boot

Ran
sudo update-rc.d headphones defaults

then
sudo /etc/init.d/headphones start
[warn] Removing stale /home/xbian/.config/headphones/headphones.pid ... (warning).
[ ok ] Starting Headphones:.

Headphones still doesn't start?

Deleted headphones.pid and now working, but I had to do this with Sickbeard as well to get that working. Headphones was working originally.
Don't really have a lot of faith that when I have to reboot that all these services are going to start. 2 out of 4 isn't a great ratio

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - CurlyMo - 24th Jan, 2013 02:57 AM

What does this say?
Code:
ps -A | grep $(cat /home/xbian/.config/headphones/headphones.pid)

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - SolGarlic - 24th Jan, 2013 03:05 AM

(22nd Jan, 2013 01:31 AM)titogarrido Wrote:  SolGarlic, since you use torrents like me, try to use mr-orange version https://github.com/mr-orange/Sick-Beard
I have been using it with piratebay and works perfectily

Thanks for the suggestion

@CurlyMo
What do you think of replacing the standard Sick-Beard for this one?

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - millie - 24th Jan, 2013 03:15 AM

(24th Jan, 2013 02:57 AM)CurlyMo Wrote:  What does this say?
Code:
ps -A | grep $(cat /home/xbian/.config/headphones/headphones.pid)

Says nothing when I run in SSH - sorry noob to linux here

by the way just retarted and Headphones not working again

[attachment=44]

The attachment shows that it is not the latest version - although this is the version Xbian installed for me. Also Sabnzbd is on version 0.6.15 and the lastest version is 0.7.9, so I'm not 100% sure that couchpotato and sickbeard are on the latest versions

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - millie - 24th Jan, 2013 08:08 PM

I have now rebuilt 4 SD cards - and its all pot luck.
Each time downloading a new download from your website, using both win32imager and your own windows imager

Sickbeard never ever works on any off them - without having to delete .pid and then its in the hands of the gods if it wants to start
Couchpotato - started after first installation, after reboot - never gonna happen
Headphones - same as my previous posts!
Sabnzbd works but is a few versions out of date (when I say works at least it starts)

I made no changes using xbian-config except disable autostart xbmc - just the standard install.
8Gb - Class 10 SD Card
2000aM Power supply

If anyone has a spare Raspberry Pi (or trust me invest in another one) and use this site to install all the above. True not automatic, but at least they all work first time, you can reboot to your hearts delight and they all run every single time. Also they are all the latest versions. Works a lot faster than this one also at loading the applications, well when you can load them.

http://www.cylindric.net/blog/raspberrypi-setup/

Its a shame as I know this is work in progress, but the above site posted this on 7th August 2012, 5 months ago and works!

Thanks for your efforts will come back in a month or so to see if there's any improvment.
Your XBMC work is absolutely fantastic, download packages quite the opposite

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - CurlyMo - 24th Jan, 2013 08:14 PM

@millie, as you know we really keen on offering quality however this depends on user input. I had this package in testing for about a month (i think) and hardly anyone reacted. The only way i could "force" a testing phase, was to release packages the best way possible and awaiting reactions. It seems that the best way possible isn't living up to it's standards, but i'm finally getting the feedback i missed when i created the package. All feedback will thus be taken seriously into the next version.

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - millie - 24th Jan, 2013 08:49 PM

Thanks - don't mean to criticise.
I really appreciate everyone's efforts, as this is a fantastic project and go really well.
Just wondering if your side project needs to necessarily be incorporated with Xbian, especially for users who have more than 1 pi.
Just having an install package to sit on a basic Raspbian would be great.

I will continue to test as results one way or the other is the best form of troubleshooting for you and the teams efforts.

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - harmenzon - 25th Jan, 2013 01:21 AM

Hi CurlyMo,

I tried to get nzbget downloading. But still no success. The only 'relevant' comment I could find on the net is the following:
"change path of nzbget.lock to ${MAINDIR}/tmp/nzbget.lock". But for me this does not make any difference.
What I do notice is that after a restart of the Pi, nzbget will not start no more. And I have to start with a full clean installation of XBIAN, update, libpar2-0, nzbget, etc. Very frustrating. Any ideas? I want to help you to get this product working, but don't know how...

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - CurlyMo - 25th Jan, 2013 05:44 AM

I will start testing when i'm done with the new xbian-config.

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - anthonyonions - 25th Jan, 2013 06:30 AM

I'm having the same problems as above.

Transmission is fine.

Headphones has finally restarted.

Sickbeard says its started ok, but I get "Problem loading page" in the browser on port 9094. I had a look in /home/xbian/sickbeard/Log/sickbeard.log and there was a message about not being able to start the web server on port 8081. Had a look in /home/xbian/sickbeard/config.ini and noticed that the web_port on the second line was indeed 8081. Changed it to 9094 and restarted the service and now its all ok. Big Grin

Couchpotato just wont start at all. Tailing the Couchpotato.log I can see a critical error. Does anyone know what would causing this?

Quote:01-24 20:27:19 INFO [ couchpotato.runner] Starting server on port 9095
01-24 20:27:19 CRITICAL [ __main__] Traceback (most recent call last):
File "CouchPotato.py", line 128, in <module>
l.run()
File "CouchPotato.py", line 83, in run
runCouchPotato(self.options, base_path, sys.argv[1:], data_dir = self.data_dir, log_dir = self.log_dir, Env = Env)
File "/home/xbian/couchpotato/couchpotato/runner.py", line 262, in runCouchPotato
server.listen(config['port'])
File "/home/xbian/couchpotato/libs/tornado/netutil.py", line 121, in listen
sockets = bind_sockets(port, address=address)
File "/home/xbian/couchpotato/libs/tornado/netutil.py", line 269, in bind_sockets
sock = socket.socket(af, socktype, proto)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 187, in __init__
_sock = _realsocket(family, type, proto)
error: [Errno 97] Address family not supported by protocol

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "CouchPotato.py", line 128, in <module>
l.run()
File "CouchPotato.py", line 83, in run
runCouchPotato(self.options, base_path, sys.argv[1:], data_dir = self.data_dir, log_dir = self.log_dir, Env = Env)
File "/home/xbian/couchpotato/couchpotato/runner.py", line 262, in runCouchPotato
server.listen(config['port'])
File "/home/xbian/couchpotato/libs/tornado/netutil.py", line 121, in listen
sockets = bind_sockets(port, address=address)
File "/home/xbian/couchpotato/libs/tornado/netutil.py", line 269, in bind_sockets
sock = socket.socket(af, socktype, proto)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 187, in __init__
_sock = _realsocket(family, type, proto)
error: [Errno 97] Address family not supported by protocol
01-24 20:27:19 INFO Shutting down thread pool

Anyone able to shed any light on the above? Hopefully these notes might help some of the others having issue with the other programs.

Thanks
Ant

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - swordfish6975 - 25th Jan, 2013 01:50 PM

@anthonyonionss

I had the same error in my log and couchpotato website would not start, I fixed it by editing as per the instructions below. Although now I have a orange bar at the top warning me to update CouchPotato and when I do nothing happens...

just ssh in to the raspberry and:

sudo nano /home/xbian/couchpotato/couchpotato/runner.py
page down(x15) or goto line 261...

edit as per this link (add " , config['host'] ")

ctrl x
y
enter
sudo shutdown -r now (restart the PI)

PS. thanks CurlyMo for this package Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - millie - 25th Jan, 2013 09:29 PM

I think an issue with sickbeard is that the install must be picking up all info from the clone that is being made for the download package. Picking up original API and sab location has http&https in the config line

I looked at the \home\xbian\.config\sickbeard.config.ini and the info was pointing to the wrong address for sab install - it's even looking at port 9090 even though the download package is pointing to port 9092

Attached shows that info is not the same as the sab info

Maybe best to leave all confiog info blank and have a wiki for those who don't know how to configure settings for each package.

Now I have made the changes Sickbeard is operational

(25th Jan, 2013 01:50 PM)swordfish6975 Wrote:  @anthonyonionss

I had the same error in my log and couchpotato website would not start, I fixed it by editing as per the instructions below. Although now I have a orange bar at the top warning me to update CouchPotato and when I do nothing happens...

just ssh in to the raspberry and:

sudo nano /home/xbian/couchpotato/couchpotato/runner.py
page down(x15) or goto line 261...

edit as per this link (add " , config['host'] ")

ctrl x
y
enter
sudo shutdown -r now (restart the PI)

PS. thanks CurlyMo for this package Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Can confirm this works - great find

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - millie - 26th Jan, 2013 12:35 AM

Headphones worked and now stopped, not sure why these packages load up and then decide to stop working. Although only Headphones at the moment

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - anthonyonions - 26th Jan, 2013 01:52 AM

@swordfish6975 thanks for the info, I will give that a go later on this evening and report back on my results.

Regards,
Anthony

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - anthonyonions - 26th Jan, 2013 05:58 AM

Excellent! Have all services working now! Might be worth summarizing these issues into a sticky/readme.

Thanks for all your help everyone!
Ant