Forum
[Part 1] Download torrent & newsserver package - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Testing & Experimental (/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: [Part 1] Download torrent & newsserver package (/thread-196.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - Adanteh - 31st Jan, 2013 06:16 AM

Hmm, I used the xbian-config to get the entire download package. Initially everything worked just fine. Then after a reboot Sickbeard didn't want to boot. Right now Sabnzbd+ and Tranmission both work just fine.

Sickbeard doesn't want to boot (I checked the /.config/sickbeard/config.ini/ file and it was completely empty. It doesn't boot on RPi reboot or when I use /etc/init.d/sickbeard restart

Couchpotato doesn't want to boot either. No errors or anything, but I can't connect and when I restart the service it says it wasn't running.

Edit: Might have figured the problem out.
When I changed the config of headphones using WinSCP (/home/xbian/.config/headphones/config.ini) I noticed that the HTTP port was wrong. I changed that to 9093. Further inspection of the file showed that there were actually none of my settings in this config file. I don't know if I'm even supposed to change stuff here, but none of my settings that I filled in before could be seen here.

Anyway, I did /etc/init.d/headphones restart and I got the following
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/xbian/headphones/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 656, in respond
    response.body = self.handler()
  File "/home/xbian/headphones/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 188, in __call__
    self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/xbian/headphones/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 34, in __call__
    return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/home/xbian/headphones/headphones/webserve.py", line 58, in home
    artists = myDB.select('SELECT * from artists order by ArtistSortName COLLATE NOCASE')
  File "/home/xbian/headphones/headphones/db.py", line 94, in select
    sqlResults = self.action(query, args).fetchall()
  File "/home/xbian/headphones/headphones/db.py", line 72, in action
    sqlResult = self.connection.execute(query)
OperationalError: database or disk is full

Tada. Apparently my SD card is full for whatever reason. It's a bit strange seeing the only things on it are a 4GB movie, a 100mb album, the Xbian install and the download package.

I checked with df -h command over SSH and Rootfs and /dev/root both have 28gb used. Very strange.

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - CurlyMo - 31st Jan, 2013 08:10 AM

(31st Jan, 2013 05:10 AM)Richdotward Wrote:  Thanks all for this great package, the ultimate download system for sure.

Currently got it all working on my 512 pi. Sickbeard, sabnzb and couch all working great.

Having a few issues if someone could please help.

1. I cant see any way to change the login name / pass in the torrent software. Major security risk if others know your using this version on a pi. Blocking the ports on my router at the moment to fix.
In the old (and current) download package, all config files reside in /home/xbian/.config
Quote:2. I tried to update unrar using this thread but just resulted in making it worse. Sabnzbd now doesnt decompress anything. Unrar -v shows version 0.01. How do i fix.
We're replacing SABnzbd with NZBget. That one works with PAR to unrar stuff. Maybe you want to try that.

Quote:3. Being new to linux whats the correct way to turn off the pi. I assume just pulling the power wire out is not a good idea ?

4. Whats the easiest way to make an image file of my sd card for backup ? When my configuration to finalised would be nice to save just in case.

Thanks for any help.

Rich
The last 2 questions are not related to the download package.

@Adantech, the best bet is to follow up with the new packages that i'm currently offering for testing.

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - Adanteh - 31st Jan, 2013 11:26 AM

Well, headphones is 'working' again. Fetching artists keeps failing though, but that doesn't really seem to be caused by the package. Couchpotato works fine now. Just one thing that's a bit weird. Sabnzbd+ verifies the files two times before it starts to repair which is a bit weird and takes up quite a bit of time. Any idea what causes this?

Also, I tried installing the sickbeard package on its own, but that didn't work for me. Do I need to delete the other one fist? (I reckon the dpkg -r command was for that, but it didnt find anything)

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - CurlyMo - 31st Jan, 2013 07:40 PM

You need to delete the whole download package before you start installing the new versions.

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - angriest - 31st Jan, 2013 08:44 PM

@CurlyMo - haven't had a chance to check, sorry - I'm still using Sickbeard from the all-in-one package. I've been having a few problems with Nzbget going down, I'm going to check this evening if killing the pid brings it back. Was working a treat when it was up though, think it's definitely a better fit for the pi.

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - Fuzzwah - 1st Feb, 2013 12:10 AM

I'm having an issue with headphones being unable to scan my music folder. When I kick off the 1st scan of my music directory I'm getting ERROR Cannot read file: messages for every single file.

I figured this could be a permissions problem so I completed a chmod -R 775 over the entire directory but have the same problem.

I've updated to the latest version using the built in updater. But still can't successfully scan my music.

Example error msg:

2013-01-31 06:54:27 ERROR Cannot read file: /media/Media/music/Tool - Opiate/Tool - 01 - Sweat.mp3

Permissions:

drwxrwxr-x 804 xbian xbian 45056 Jan 30 12:31 /media/Media/music

Details on running process:

xbian 25032 1 26 06:50 ? 00:02:45 /usr/bin/python /home/xbian/headphones/Headphones.py --quiet --daemon --nolaunch --pidfile=/home/xbian/.config/headphones/headphones.pid --datadir=/home/xbian/headphones --config=/home/xbian/.config/headphones/config.ini

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - xraxor - 1st Feb, 2013 07:04 AM

EDIT: scrap that, its working now

Hi guys, i have a problem, i have a hdd connected to the Pi, EXT4. i can create folder on the drive, and write to it.

But sickbeard, transmission, etc. cant seem to be able to write on to it. Like it wont create a folder on the drive.

Is there anyway i can change the permissions for these programs?

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - constantG - 2nd Feb, 2013 10:59 AM

Hi all,

I've been fiddling about with this for a couple of days now and I finally got everything (sorta) working, that is SAB,Sick and Couch*.

Firstly let me just thank you CurlyMo for the excellent package. I didn't know any of this existed until I installed xbian (I tried the other Pi distros and got bored Smile ).

Secondly, to get everything (sorta) working, I did the following:

****************** exactly what it says in the OP ******************

No seriously, before I read this thread, I installed the package using the config wizard in Putty and things never worked properly. So I spent the best part of 2 days messing about getting nowhere fast, so I decided to go for a complete reinstall and started again.

This time I formatted, installed xbian and went through post number 1 to the letter. Including both PS's. The only config file changes I made were to the autoProcessTV.cfg file.So far so good. So I've got SAB and Sick working fine together but the one problem I've got is with Couchpotato; firstly it's so slow to update/search and although the couchpotato.log says it's found items, it doesn't show up in the program. Well it finds what I'm searching for but it doesn't find any copies of it on Torrent/NZB, so there's nothing to download Sad .

I don't think this is mentioned anywhere and I've probably got something simple wrong but any help would be appreciated.

Props again.

CW

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - harmenzon - 2nd Feb, 2013 09:25 PM

(30th Jan, 2013 06:49 PM)angriest Wrote:  In order to get nzbget to automatically unrar files, you'll need to

sudo cp /usr/local/share/nzbget/nzbget-postprocess.conf /usr/local/etc/nzbget/

and then in nzbget on the web interface, in config/post-processing, set the post process script path to

/usr/local/bin/nzbget-postprocess.sh

I got nzbget downloading, but the unrar/post-processing does not work yet. I tried:
Code:
sudo cp /usr/local/share/nzbget/nzbget-postprocess.conf /usr/local/etc/nzbget/

But this results in the following error:
Code:
root@xbian:/usr/local/share/nzbget# sudo cp /usr/local/share/nzbget/nzbget-postprocess.conf /usr/local/etc/nzbget/
cp: cannot stat `/usr/local/share/nzbget/nzbget-postprocess.conf': No such file or directory

Any suggestions?

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - CurlyMo - 2nd Feb, 2013 09:28 PM

My latest nzbget package has the postprocessing settings already included and configured (as described by angriest) so it should work...

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - harmenzon - 2nd Feb, 2013 09:37 PM

(2nd Feb, 2013 09:28 PM)CurlyMo Wrote:  My latest nzbget package has the postprocessing settings already included and configured (as described by angriest) so it should work...

Hi CurlyMo. Thanks for your response. I read that you did, but unfortunately at my end, the post-processing does not work yet. In nzb-get I get the following warning... Maybe that gives you any ideas?

Code:
Loading configuration of post-processing script failed

Could not load template post-processing configuration file nzbget-postprocess.conf. NZBGet reads the description of options from this file. Please put the file nzbget-postprocess.conf which comes with the post-processing script into webui-directory (option WebDir). Do not put your actual configuration file but rather the unchanged original file.

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - CurlyMo - 2nd Feb, 2013 09:44 PM

I've updated the package in which the post-processing file is places in the webui directory. Can you try if this worked?

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - harmenzon - 2nd Feb, 2013 10:00 PM

I would like to try. Do I need to reinstall nzbget totally?

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - CurlyMo - 2nd Feb, 2013 10:01 PM

Just make a backup of your current configuration file and then rerun the instructions from here: http://forum.xbian.org/thread-196-post-3373.html#pid3373

RE: Download torrent & newsserver package - harmenzon - 2nd Feb, 2013 10:10 PM

Getting error after error. Maybe you can use it...

Code:
root@xbian:/home/xbian# cd /home/xbian/
root@xbian:/home/xbian# wget http://jb.xenserver.sk/xbian/xbian-package-nzbget1.0.deb
--2013-02-02 12:09:28--  http://jb.xenserver.sk/xbian/xbian-package-nzbget1.0.deb
Resolving jb.xenserver.sk (jb.xenserver.sk)... 92.240.248.83
Connecting to jb.xenserver.sk (jb.xenserver.sk)|92.240.248.83|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 1947948 (1.9M) [application/x-debian-package]
Saving to: `xbian-package-nzbget1.0.deb.2'

100%[======================================>] 1,947,948   2.47M/s   in 0.8s

2013-02-02 12:09:29 (2.47 MB/s) - `xbian-package-nzbget1.0.deb.2' saved [1947948/1947948]

root@xbian:/home/xbian# dpkg -r xbian-package-nzbget
dpkg: error processing xbian-package-nzbget (--remove):
Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
reinstall it before attempting a removal.
Errors were encountered while processing:
xbian-package-nzbget
root@xbian:/home/xbian# dpkg -i xbian-package-nzbget1.0.deb
Selecting previously unselected package xbian-package-nzbget.
(Reading database ... 29097 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace xbian-package-nzbget 1.0 (using xbian-package-nzbget1.0.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement xbian-package-nzbget ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/xbian-package-nzbget.postrm: line 3: syntax error in conditional expression
/var/lib/dpkg/info/xbian-package-nzbget.postrm: line 3: syntax error near `-o'
/var/lib/dpkg/info/xbian-package-nzbget.postrm: line 3: `if [[ $1 == "remove" -o $1 == "purge" ]]; then'
dpkg: warning: subprocess old post-removal script returned error exit status 2
dpkg: trying script from the new package instead ...
/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/postrm: line 3: syntax error in conditional expression
/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/postrm: line 3: syntax error near `-o'
/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/postrm: line 3: `if [[ $1 == "remove" -o $1 == "purge" ]]; then'
dpkg: error processing xbian-package-nzbget1.0.deb (--install):
subprocess new post-removal script returned error exit status 2
/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/postrm: line 3: syntax error in conditional expression
/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/postrm: line 3: syntax error near `-o'
/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/postrm: line 3: `if [[ $1 == "remove" -o $1 == "purge" ]]; then'
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
subprocess new post-removal script returned error exit status 2
Errors were encountered while processing:
xbian-package-nzbget1.0.deb