Forum
Movie streaming service - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Community (/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Feedback (/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Movie streaming service (/thread-1966.html)

Movie streaming service - rchapman - 4th Jan, 2014 06:42 PM

Has anyone used Xbian with a movie streaming service like netflix, hulu, amazon google play etc.
I've been looking for a service to buy or rent movies - but can't get any of these going - presumably due to DRM support. Has anyone got a solution to this?

Thanks.
Richard.

RE: Movie streaming service - gregwa - 4th Jan, 2014 11:45 PM

I use Playon on a Windows pc in the house. Works pretty well. There are a few issues like IHeartRadio just crashing, but Netflix and Amazon work well.

(4th Jan, 2014 06:42 PM)rchapman Wrote:  Has anyone used Xbian with a movie streaming service like netflix, hulu, amazon google play etc.
I've been looking for a service to buy or rent movies - but can't get any of these going - presumably due to DRM support. Has anyone got a solution to this?

Thanks.
Richard.

RE: Movie streaming service - mnknight - 2nd Apr, 2014 08:24 AM

(4th Jan, 2014 11:45 PM)gregwa Wrote:  I use Playon on a Windows pc in the house. Works pretty well. There are a few issues like IHeartRadio just crashing, but Netflix and Amazon work well.

(4th Jan, 2014 06:42 PM)rchapman Wrote:  Has anyone used Xbian with a movie streaming service like netflix, hulu, amazon google play etc.

Thanks.
Richard.

amazon and hulu work! no netflix until they move to the html5 format.

RE: Movie streaming service - dharmabm - 2nd Apr, 2014 02:57 PM

if you are outside of the USA you cannot use netflix or hulu without a proxy or vpn, it is not DRM but geolocation restrictions. don't know about the other 2. you can set a proxy system wide, for XBMC itself, or for the individual addon in XBMC. if this is your case i can provide further instructions if necessary.

RE: Movie streaming service - dharmabm - 2nd Apr, 2014 08:49 PM

deleted duplicate post

RE: Movie streaming service - kathi - 8th Nov, 2014 03:17 PM

ISO's are not directly supported - however I have found that if they include the menu structure then problems can occur. All ISO I have, have had the menu structure ripped out and just the movie content is left. These play well.

*spam removed*

RE: Movie streaming service - adamsmith - 13th Apr, 2021 08:06 PM

You can stream with Ivacy VPN if you are facing restricted access problems anywhere. Also, Ivacy is among the best vpn for mac, windows and other operating systems as it offers military-grade encryption to protect your online privacy.