Forum
[PROBLEM] dlna/upnp database access - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Others (/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] dlna/upnp database access (/thread-1972.html)

dlna/upnp database access - wunda - 5th Jan, 2014 11:57 PM

Software
XBian version: 1.0beta2

Hardware
RPi model: b
SD card size and make/type: 16GB class 10
Network (wireless or LAN): LAN
and
IP Square Internetradio

Problem description:
From the GUI on the Rasp I can access everything, but from with the IP Square the musicplayer can only access music files via
Xbian/album/ALBUM_TITLE/NAME and
Xbian/title/NAME
if I choose
Xbian/genre/GENRE_NAME/ARTIST the album would not shop up: network timeout
same for Xbian/artist/ARTIST_NAME/ALBUM no music files: network timeout

I had the "raspyplayer" on raspbian installed before and that worked fine with the ip square. But I'd prefer to have I more comfi videoplayer, therefor I came to Xbian....

To me, it looks as the ip square has problems with the join of tables. The raspyplayer had all information in one table.
How can I figure out how xbian reads out the information of the database and hands it over to the ip square?
Is there anything I could try to modify? I had some tries on the "song" table, but wasn't successful at all. All altering of the table ended in having no access at all. :-(

Thanks

RE: dlna/upnp database access - mk01 - 8th Jan, 2014 01:55 PM

you confused me a bit with upnp/dlna and then going to databases and tables, but maybe this is how upnp tranfers data. I have not much experience there.

anyhow dlna/upnp was very prioritized topic for Gotham which is available to install as nightly. current Frodo 12 version of XBMC has this support very limited so I suppose this is simply the issue.

I think relevant insight you get directly on xbmc.org forums. But Gotham you can test anytime. In November I reinstalled back to Frodo in 2h. The last is still installed on one RPI doing the daily job.