Forum
[SOLVED] Fresh Install: Not Booting After UPDATE Without Ethernet Connected - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Installation (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] Fresh Install: Not Booting After UPDATE Without Ethernet Connected (/thread-1988.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Fresh Install: Not Booting After UPDATE Without Ethernet Connected - mk01 - 10th Jan, 2014 11:11 PM

just checked: xbian-update IS putting "auto eth0" back, but only in case eth0 has link UP (cable connected) and has addr type inet configured.

this one would need to be followed closely. but if you are no eth0 guy and problem is in xbian-update, during next update you hit the same problem. then we have clear prove and can try to find a way. maybe it can be already taken from code completely.

let's see in days or weeks.

mk

RE: Fresh Install: Not Booting After UPDATE Without Ethernet Connected - josch - 11th Jan, 2014 01:58 AM

I will report here again if the time did come for updating my xbian again.

Thanks for all your work!

RE: Fresh Install: Not Booting After UPDATE Without Ethernet Connected - Phillez - 20th Jan, 2014 08:14 AM

Hi

Terminal
apt-get update; apt-get upgrade

broke my system today as well. I tried to install a new image and it did the same again.
I will try to remove the auto option and see if that does the trick..

It seems that my system breaks when overclocked.

I'm using turbo mode and i have cooling on the CPU.
It is 40 degrees C when running normally.

How come it freezes after the updates, but runs fine before?

RE: Fresh Install: Not Booting After UPDATE Without Ethernet Connected - mk01 - 25th Jan, 2014 06:03 PM

@Phillez

Bad patches in firmware & kernel from upstream (RPI development).

I really can't believe they call this "solving SD corruption issues". the solution "works" if you set force_turbo and over volt (because you are overclocking) what takes down your warranty. other standard combinations are simply freezing, crashing, corrupting SD more than ever. I was directly asking them if this is a way to go. nobody bothered to answer - and even they admitted those changes only after 7w on users pressure and bad reports.

Currently at devel repo XBian has completely different kernel, patched in house and firmware with new setting in config.txt to restore how it was all working before. It is under testing 1-2w, so maybe I push to public today or tomorrow.

RE: Fresh Install: Not Booting After UPDATE Without Ethernet Connected - clubeddie - 5th Apr, 2014 05:40 AM

Same issue here. Fine working Xbian 1.0 Beta2.
Performed an all update from the gui, after reboot it get stuck on configuring network. It walks till the bar is full and then i get a prompt to login. The raspberry is connected wired, so no issues of wireless

Things i did to try to get it to work (all fails)
i do a update from the config.
stop overclocking
tried eth0 static and dhcp, no difference
i noticed that when i configure the network interfaces from the config screen there is a dummy0??? Don't know where this is came from?

i changed some rules in /etc/network/interfaces but no result.
I checked out the wlan

first line is auto eth0 lo, tried also auto lo. no difference

Any solution how to solve this... i am a linux noob

RE: Fresh Install: Not Booting After UPDATE Without Ethernet Connected - mk01 - 5th Apr, 2014 07:28 AM

allow STAGING repository and run updates again or wait until the updates migrate to STABLE.

(so I suppose STAGING is the way go).

RE: Fresh Install: Not Booting After UPDATE Without Ethernet Connected - clubeddie - 5th Apr, 2014 04:44 PM

(5th Apr, 2014 07:28 AM)mk01 Wrote:  allow STAGING repository and run updates again or wait until the updates migrate to STABLE.

(so I suppose STAGING is the way go).

How do i allow Staging?
I performed an all update again from xbian-config. Same result. I cannot get into the gui anymore.

RE: Fresh Install: Not Booting After UPDATE Without Ethernet Connected - belese - 5th Apr, 2014 05:53 PM

for staging :
http://forum.xbian.org/thread-1861.html