Forum
Can't wake monitor up from suspend/hiberate - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Can't wake monitor up from suspend/hiberate (/thread-1999.html)

Can't wake monitor up from suspend/hiberate - lemmy999 - 12th Jan, 2014 12:26 AM

I am using Xbian with a HDMI to DVI cable. I can control Xbian using Yatse. Problem arises when i pause a film with a view to watching the rest of the film later. The screen dims after a little while but there is no way that i can wake the Pi up later to resume my viewing. I have tried using a wired mouse but that does not work either.

I am guessing that i need to turn the screensaver off but can't see how to do that from within the GUI. Am I correct? And if so is there a way to achieve this via the CLI?

RE: Can't wake monitor up from suspend/hiberate - freem@n - 12th Jan, 2014 03:08 AM

The HDMI to DVI cable can't be the problem because I'm using one too to connect the Pi to my monitor and it's always possible to wake him up even after a day or so. In fact the monitor doesn't even turn itself off completely but goes in some kind of standby mode (so I turn it off manually to save energy).

So it seems that your monitor turns itself completely off, right? this brings up the question: Is your Raspberry Pi connected to the TV via USB as a power source or are you using a separate consistent USB power source (which?)
if the Pi is connected to the screen via USB it would be logical that the TV kills the power to the Pi immediately when it goes to standby.

Apart from that you can turn the screensaver off directly in the XBian-GUI (and even in normal XBMC). Just go into Settings -> Appearance -> Screensaver and choose "None" as Screensaver Mode.
also uncheck the option "Use dim if paused during video playback"

RE: Can't wake monitor up from suspend/hiberate - lemmy999 - 12th Jan, 2014 08:40 PM

Thanks

All working now!