Forum
[Howto] mceusb driver with lirc protocol instead of rc-6/devinput - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Remotes and CEC support (/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: [Howto] mceusb driver with lirc protocol instead of rc-6/devinput (/thread-2003.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: [Howto] mceusb driver with lirc protocol instead of rc-6/devinput - anagram - 3rd Aug, 2014 06:15 PM

Hello,
I'm having a similar problem.
I just did a fresh install of RC2, coming from beta 5 I think.
I use a logitech remote with a generic usb receiver. It was working perfectly, but now only a couple of buttons are working, and differently depending on where I am in Xbmc.
In the menus, only the arrows and the enter button works. Play or "OK" doesn't do anything when it used to launch movies or music.
When playing a movie, a couple more buttons are working : the volume buttons, the forward and rewind buttons too.

I tried editing the files like in the first post, and rebooting but didn't work.
I've edited the lircd.conf.xbox file and the /etc/init/xbmc-preload.conf to adjust the rebooting issue, according on this page : http://wiki.xbian.org/doku.php/remotes
It didn't work.

When I try to restart lirc and xbmc with the command # service lirc restart, it doesn't work, I receive an error "-bash: service : command not found".
When I try the other commands from the xbian wiki page for the remotes, I receive errors
Code:
root@xbian:/home/xbian# /etc/init.d/lirc stop
Rather than invoking init scripts through /etc/init.d, use the service(8)
utility, e.g. service lirc stop

Since the script you are attempting to invoke has been converted to an
Upstart job, you may also use the stop(8) utility, e.g. stop lirc
lirc stop/waiting
root@xbian:/home/xbian#

RE: [Howto] mceusb driver with lirc protocol instead of rc-6/devinput - mk01 - 7th Aug, 2014 06:08 AM

@anagram

lirc is converted to upstart so

service lirc start = start lirc
service lirc stop = stop lirc