Forum
[PROBLEM] Two output audio - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] Two output audio (/thread-2015.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Two output audio - mk01 - 4th Feb, 2014 10:17 PM

@Thak

3.12.7+ is already mainline ... all updates maybe week at stable.

RE: Two output audio - 0xFF - 11th Mar, 2014 09:56 PM

Hello.
There is OpenElec build http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=184420&pid=1646057#pid1646057
with HifiBerry support. It plays through ALSA using dvdplayer/paplayer (not omxplayer).

So, it should be enough to play the audio files (FLAC,etc) from xbmc.

Is there chance to get xbmc experimental build for Xbian with this cool feature?

Best regards
Piotr

RE: Two output audio - 0xFF - 17th Mar, 2014 09:31 PM

Any idea?

RE: Two output audio - mk01 - 4th Apr, 2014 12:53 PM

@0xFF

what is your targeted functionality there with XBMC? use it as audio player only? as I suppose dvdplayer/paplayer is still without RPI hw video support.

RE: Two output audio - belese - 4th Apr, 2014 05:22 PM

Not sure about this build,
but popcornmix has implemented omxcodec,
and if i understand all :-), dvdplayer should have hw video support.

RE: Two output audio - mk01 - 5th Apr, 2014 12:38 AM

@belese

I know this is plan, but is this already part of mainstream Gotham ? I have the feeling not. But can be mistaken.

Ok, just trying to build with platform RPI but without player omxplayer.

nope, there is no omxcodec

in Beta4

but looks like libstagefright is including OMXCodec class.

lets see.

RE: Two output audio - mk01 - 5th Apr, 2014 01:45 AM

@belese

ok, that is wrong.

we have to merge https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commits/omxcodec into Gotham.

RE: Two output audio - 0xFF - 5th Apr, 2014 01:50 AM

(4th Apr, 2014 12:53 PM)mk01 Wrote:  @0xFF

what is your targeted functionality there with XBMC? use it as audio player only? as I suppose dvdplayer/paplayer is still without RPI hw video support.

Hello,
I don't want to limit RPi functionality to audio player, in fact I want to extend it.
Now I use XBMC as a movie player, as well as an audio player.

My setup looks like that:
RPi -> HDMI -> TVSet -> SPDIF ->AVReceiver
That's ok for watching the movies.

But for audio listening, there are disadvantages:
1. To listen to the music I have to switch TVSet on (AVReceiver lacks HDMI input).
2. In my opinion "analog" connection RPi -> DAC -> AVReceiver sounds far better than HDMI option.

I know it is possible to use different audio outputs for the audio and video player, here is an answer:
(post #37) http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=184420&pid=1655098#pid1655098
That's exactly what I want in XBian ;-)

Best regards.

RE: Two output audio - mk01 - 5th Apr, 2014 01:56 AM

it is not exactly as you want it.

there is separate destination for passthrough audio and normal audio. so if movie is stereo only (or better say not one of passthrough formats) audio will not go out via HDMI.

(at least this is how I read the popcorn's info)

Even if we merge OMXCodec & get ALSA running, you will have to switch sources constantly. For music & 2ch videos to one input on AV, for AC3/DTS SPDIF.

RE: Two output audio - 0xFF - 5th Apr, 2014 02:18 AM

(5th Apr, 2014 01:56 AM)mk01 Wrote:  [...]
Even if we merge OMXCodec & get ALSA running, you will have to switch sources constantly. For music & 2ch videos to one input on AV, for AC3/DTS SPDIF.

Ok, thanks for explanation.
I understand limitations, but for me it is small inconvenience compared to what I can get.

Best regards.

RE: Two output audio - mk01 - 5th Apr, 2014 07:24 AM

0xFF.

tried to do, but that branch is 3m old and doesn't match any Gotham Beta3. doesn't merge witch any Beta - as during those 3m some structures in AE sound changed significantly.

rebase / update it would be now waste of time due to constant changes on Gotham. I have the feeling that's also reason why the last update there is 3m old. wait until RC at least.

RE: Two output audio - 0xFF - 5th Apr, 2014 08:31 PM

Thank you for your efforts.
I hope this nice feature will be merged to next Gotham version just after final release .

RE: Two output audio - mmontev - 14th May, 2014 09:00 AM

oh, what a dilemma.

I'm looking for a solution with only one analog quality stereo output for some time. intended for listening to music, but also used to view video.

Ideally something like xbian + raspyfi integrated into one system. (I come from foobar + xbmc in winxp, and xbmc does not satisfy me as a music player). I understand de benefits of using GPU+OMXplayer combo instead of CPU+MPD. But I dont like xbmc as a music player.

I have questions for users and developers.

To Developers: considerong 3 scenarios :

1. hdmi only. xbian exclusive as player of video AND music. -> Buy hdmi audio splitter.
  2. hdmi for xbian and videos. I2S DAC for MPD and music. -> Buy hdmi audio splitter and hifiberry (or wolfson?).
  3. I2S DAC only. xbian for MPD for videos and music. -> Buy I2S DAC ( wolfson or hifiberry?).

wich one do you consider more real in the near future?

To Users:

From what I read it seems that is possible to have xbian (hdmi) + MPD (USB DAC and I2S DAC) , right?
Can run simultaneously ? I do not pretend watch video and listen to music simultaneously , but both processes simultaneously would avoid me to start/stop xbmc and MPD.

And one last thought: It would be possible to compile MPD to use OpenMAX? I think this should be the best way.

RE: Two output audio - 0xFF - 21st May, 2014 05:20 AM

(14th May, 2014 09:00 AM)mmontev Wrote:  From what I read it seems that is possible to have xbian (hdmi) + MPD (USB DAC and I2S DAC) , right?

Right! ;-)

(5th Apr, 2014 07:24 AM)mk01 Wrote:  0xFF.

tried to do, but that branch is 3m old and doesn't match any Gotham Beta3. doesn't merge witch any Beta - as during those 3m some structures in AE sound changed significantly.

rebase / update it would be now waste of time due to constant changes on Gotham. I have the feeling that's also reason why the last update there is 3m old. wait until RC at least.

According to this info
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=184420&pid=1709713#pid1709713

new Openelec Gotham release (not testbuild) pulled required patches to HifiBerry/ALSA support.
So, is there chance now for Xbian to get this feature?

RE: Two output audio - mk01 - 6th Aug, 2014 10:31 PM

@0FF

the mentioned branch "gotham_rbp_backports" we build as xbian-package-xbmc-alsa