Forum
[PROBLEM] CEC turns on TV - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Remotes and CEC support (/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] CEC turns on TV (/thread-2028.html)

CEC turns on TV - Phillez - 18th Jan, 2014 06:29 AM

Hi

I have a problem regarding CEC.
During the night my system do a remote backup of the filesystem. During this backup XBMC and other services are stopped. The problem is that when the backup is done and XBMC is started it turns on my TV. This is not convenient, since it uses a lot of power.

In the xbian video settings i have checked the "Ignore CEC init' preventing wakeup of tv at reboot", but this does not seem to be valid when i just restart XBMC.

Is there any way to prevent XBMC to turn on my TV at any time?

Thanks

Phillez

RE: CEC turns on TV - IriDium - 19th Jan, 2014 01:03 AM

See System -> Input Devices -> Peripherals -> CEC adapter - check values for what to do when XBMC starts up.

RE: CEC turns on TV - mk01 - 19th Jan, 2014 01:15 AM

Personally I wasn't able to switch this off. Even if adapterCEC is set not to take any actions.
Values in /boot/config.txt are relevant only for boot / restart.

1. You can set TV to turn off with screensaver. Then it will turn on, but turn off again because idling.
2. You don't have to stop services to make proper backup.
- do a RO snapshot (will take no space), copy files from it - state is atomic. then delete snapshot.
- assume you wan't to backup ……userdata/Database
Code:
sudo -i
btrfs sub snap -r /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/Database /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/Database.snap
rsync -avx --delete /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/Database.snap/ /your/target/
btrfs sub delete /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/Database.snap

RE: CEC turns on TV - Phillez - 26th Jan, 2014 06:33 PM

Actually i want to make a complete backup of the filesystem, since i have multiple applications running.

How do i use these RO snapshots?

RE: CEC turns on TV - mk01 - 3rd Feb, 2014 12:31 PM

then directly use xbiancopy function into .img file. the script will do all for you.

it will create .img file of your system with /boot partition and system as is. so you can take another sd card and flash onto it. you will have mirror of your system.

actual command to put into cron would be:

Code:
btrfs-auto-snapshot xbiancopy --img --fs-name my_backup /dev/root /a_path/and_file/name.img

/a_path/and_file/name.img can't be located on the same physical media like you boot XBian from

RE: CEC turns on TV - Phillez - 6th Feb, 2014 09:11 PM

Great! This is just what is was looking for! :-)

Thank you

RE: CEC turns on TV - JumbledGrass - 5th May, 2014 11:07 PM

Software
XBian version: 1.0RC2
XBMC version: 12.2 Git:20131125-D1002B4 (Compiled: Apr 15 2014)
Overclock settings: 900

Hardware
Power supply rating: 5V
RPi model (model A/B 256mb/512mb): B 512
SD card size and make/type: Integral 16GB Class 10
Network (wireless or LAN): LAN
Connected devices (TV, USB, network storage, etc.): Samsung CEC-capable TV, USB HDD

Logfile
http://pastebin.com/dBRKbruF

Problem
My TV also turns on regardless of hdmi_ignore_cec_init setting, which is currently=1

That's fine -- or at least would it be, but when I try the turn-off-with-screensaver setting as suggested above, that doesn't work either.

Nothing happens to the TV when the screensaver starts, which I've set to a 1 minute timeout.

Please can you advise on what's going wrong?

I'm really sorry to wake this thread up if it's the wrong one but this seemed like the most relevant thread, because it contained a solution but that solution isn't working for me.

This appears to have fixed itself/been fixed. Never mind.