Forum
[PROBLEM] Transmission not downloading magnetized torrents but works with .torrents - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Additional Packages (/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] Transmission not downloading magnetized torrents but works with .torrents (/thread-2050.html)

Transmission not downloading magnetized torrents but works with .torrents - fdolande - 24th Jan, 2014 03:01 AM

Hi there,

I am running xbian on raspberry pi model b, with a usb hdd and wired network. It was working just fine until 2 weeks ago. I download all my series through flexget. If I add a torrent directly through the web interface, using a torrent file, it works without problems. If I add a torrent via a magnet link, it adds it but stays in "Downloading from 0 of 0 peers - 0 KB/s 0 KB/s Magnetized transfer - retrieving metadata (0.00%)". So far, I have uninstalled transmission and installed it again. Several reboots just for the sake of it. Updated everything from xbian config, and everything is working.

Weird thing, when I start or stop the daemon, it says "Stopping bittorrent client transmission-daemon...
Stopping bittorrent client transmission-daemon succeeded" without the [OK] in brackets.

Within transmission, I have enabled DHT, disabled it; toggled peer encryption, changed seeding ratio, etc... so far nothing works for magnet links.

As detailed, it was working and then it wasnt, suddenly. Ports are forwarded by the router, and in any other system, magnet links work without issues.

I am a very new to linux, for all that matters, but so far, I am more than willing to try anything you might suggest.

RE: Transmission not downloading magnetized torrents but works with .torrents - IriDium - 24th Jan, 2014 03:17 AM

Have you upgraded recently - or got auto upgrade set?

How is you disk space looking?

Can you post the output from dmesg and xbmc.log as requested in "Please read before you post"

RE: Transmission not downloading magnetized torrents but works with .torrents - fdolande - 24th Jan, 2014 09:20 AM

(24th Jan, 2014 03:17 AM)IriDium Wrote:  Have you upgraded recently - or got auto upgrade set?

How is you disk space looking?

Can you post the output from dmesg and xbmc.log as requested in "Please read before you post"

I will be uploading the log in a bit. I have at least 30 GBs of unused space and upgraded from xbmc, through xbian config.

Have tried reinstalling again and the same behavior. I wouldnt like to wipe the whole thing and start from scratch, I have a couple of things running ok, so donĀ“t want to go there unless absolutely necessary.

thanks!