Forum
[PROBLEM] Trouble with 10bit mkvs - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] Trouble with 10bit mkvs (/thread-206.html)

Trouble with 10bit mkvs - Luisetex - 6th Jan, 2013 10:05 AM

Hi guys!

I have currently installed xbian 1.0 Alpha 4 in my Raspberry Pi, and it works wonderfully with almost every video file, but it has some problems with 10bit mkvs.

I'm aware that 1.0 Alpha 4 uses xbmc Frodo 12, and it has support for this kind of files; however, when I try to watch them, this blurry effect happens when there are black colors in the background, as well as the apperance of artifacts.

Is this a common problem in that version of xbmc?

Thanks!

RE: Trouble with 10bit mkvs - raspberry_pd - 6th Jan, 2013 11:34 AM

When jumping X percent or time within a file, more often than not, the whole screen is barely recognisable as a video due to most of the picture turning into grey blocks. This only resolves itself when the next scene arrives. I believe this is to do with keyframes in that XBMC does not jump to keyframes but a time point in the file.

Are your issues temporary when jumping within a file or permanent from the moment the file starts?

RE: Trouble with 10bit mkvs - Luisetex - 6th Jan, 2013 11:36 AM

(6th Jan, 2013 11:34 AM)raspberry_pd Wrote:  When jumping X percent or time within a file, more often than not, the whole screen is barely recognisable as a video due to most of the picture turning into grey blocks. This only resolves itself when the next scene arrives. I believe this is to do with keyframes in that XBMC does not jump to keyframes but a time point in the file.

Are you issues temporary when jumping within a file or permanent from the moment the file starts?

I think that's exactly what happens. Those grey blocks end up disappearing when a new scene arrives, or the darker zones in the background get more clear.

Trouble with 10bit mkvs - Koenkk - 6th Jan, 2013 05:31 PM

There is a fix for the grey blocks in the new update, will keep you updated