Forum
Problem after last update - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Community (/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Uncategorized (/forum-59.html)
+--- Thread: Problem after last update (/thread-2063.html)

Problem after last update - mc-denmark - 28th Jan, 2014 04:14 AM

Hello.

After last update (updated 26/01-2014) Xbian wont boot properly after a reboot.

It sends me to the recovery console screen stating that /dev/mmcblk0p2 can not be found.

Have anyone else dealed with this issue before, if so, can you help me get it to boot properly again ?

Thanks in advance

Michael

RE: Problem after last update - IriDium - 28th Jan, 2014 05:41 AM

Unfortunately, this is a know problem.

See the end of Beta 2 Thread for help and suggestions.

To solve the problem will require a lot of debug information. Have you got a backup you could restore to?

RE: Problem after last update - mc-denmark - 28th Jan, 2014 07:38 PM

(28th Jan, 2014 05:41 AM)IriDium Wrote:  Unfortunately, this is a know problem.

See the end of Beta 2 Thread for help and suggestions.

To solve the problem will require a lot of debug information. Have you got a backup you could restore to?

Thank you for your reply.

I unfortunately do not have any backup to restore from, so I guess I am going to need to reinstall it, and remember to make some backups in the future Smile

I am currently waiting for a card reader to arrive, can you tell if it is possible to gain access to the files on the memory card from another PC?

RE: Problem after last update - IriDium - 29th Jan, 2014 06:26 AM

You should be able to read the /boot filesystem from any computer as it is FAT32.

If it is accessible, then can you post the files config.txt and cmdline.txt

RE: Problem after last update - mc-denmark - 30th Jan, 2014 01:07 AM

(29th Jan, 2014 06:26 AM)IriDium Wrote:  You should be able to read the /boot filesystem from any computer as it is FAT32.

If it is accessible, then can you post the files config.txt and cmdline.txt

I just got my card reader now, luckily I am able to access root folder on the sdcard, so I can backup the most important files, except for the xbmc database (which I can not find manually)

If you can tell me where I can find that data I would greatly appreciate it! But now I am just going to make a fresh install, and remember to backup in the future Wink

RE: Problem after last update - belese - 30th Jan, 2014 01:27 AM

if you use windows, you can't backup xbmc database, you don't have access to btrfs partition.
the files you have backup are not really important (for a backup), it just firmware and a bit more.
but if it didn't boot one of the two files Irridium asked could be corrupt. so maybe you don't have to reinstall all, if not too late.

RE: Problem after last update - mc-denmark - 30th Jan, 2014 06:57 AM

(30th Jan, 2014 01:27 AM)belese Wrote:  if you use windows, you can't backup xbmc database, you don't have access to btrfs partition.
the files you have backup are not really important (for a backup), it just firmware and a bit more.
but if it didn't boot one of the two files Irridium asked could be corrupt. so maybe you don't have to reinstall all, if not too late.

I am using Linux Mint Smile

The files I needed to backup was the encryption keys for my TOR router, would have been bad to loose them, but I could access the / directory, so no problem.

But everything works fine now Smile

RE: Problem after last update - IriDium - 1st Feb, 2014 03:36 AM

I've noticed that on the latest upgrade a number of errors seem to occur - repeating the process did not work, so I edited /etc/apt/sources.list and uncommented staging.

Terminal
#apt-get clean
#apt-get update
#xbian-config

Run the same process for upgrade. It may reboot, repeat upgrade again. Eventually it did complete with no errors.

Not perfect but seems to work.

RE: Problem after last update - mk01 - 3rd Feb, 2014 05:03 PM

since Jan-6 in staging is just -cec and -transmissiond (since Jan-25)