Forum
[PROBLEM] Audio Warble at beginning of videos - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] Audio Warble at beginning of videos (/thread-208.html)

Audio Warble at beginning of videos - ws6an - 7th Jan, 2013 02:23 AM

I have a problem when playing just about any video in 1.0 A4 (also present in 1.0 A3) At the start of the video the sound distorts for a split second (sounds like an old cassette player with difficulties getting up to speed).

My Pi is hooked up to my TV via an HDMI cable. My videos are on a NAS drive which i am accessing over my network via NFS. Videos play perfectly other than this with no stuttering. Most of the videos are encoded with AAC (faac) codec. I have gone into systems settings and tried out all the audio settings but the issue still persists.

Anyone know how to resolve this?

Cheers

Steve

RE: Audio Warble at beginning of videos - rikardo1979 - 7th Jan, 2013 02:59 AM

it was like that from start of XBMC on RPi and is still here these days so not sure if there is any fix for this

RE: Audio Warble at beginning of videos - raspberry_pd - 7th Jan, 2013 03:01 AM

I'd really appreciate if this was looked into. I wouldn't want it to become an accepted flaw. Even if it meant a few seconds more buffering before the video starts, I would prefer that.

RE: Audio Warble at beginning of videos - rikardo1979 - 7th Jan, 2013 03:08 AM

this would be more for XBMC devs to fix than for XBian team I think.
maybe you can tru look on XBMC Git if this issue is opened if no than you may try to do Wink

RE: Audio Warble at beginning of videos - raspberry_pd - 7th Jan, 2013 03:20 AM

(7th Jan, 2013 03:08 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote:  this would be more for XBMC devs to fix than for XBian team I think.
maybe you can tru look on XBMC Git if this issue is opened if no than you may try to do Wink
Sure, fair enough.