Forum
[PROBLEM] Smb lock settings problem - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] Smb lock settings problem (/thread-2095.html)

Smb lock settings problem - sorencolton - 7th Feb, 2014 08:09 AM

Hello,

I am new here but i have some experience with Xbian.
So to start of yesterday my sd card died so i got a new one and installed a fresh copy of xbian beta 2.
and it works like it should the only problem is when i want to connect to my computer via SMB it finds the workgroup which i can open and then i see my dekstop and xbian. When i want to open my dekstop it asks for a username/pasword and the last time i used the same credentials and it worked like a charm and i could acces everything i wanted now it keeps popping up after i press OK and i cant enter my dekstop.
I have been searching for a few hours now just to get it to work so please if anybody could help me it would be appriciated.

thanks in advance

Soren

RE: Smb lock settings problem - IriDium - 10th Feb, 2014 02:51 AM

Are you sure your desktop is shared?

As a test can you share a folder in Windows - Say C:\Raspberry and connect to that via Add Videos. Do you get the same error?

If still the same can you post .xbmc/userdata/sources.xml, dmesg and xbmc.log via pastebin as stated in "Please read before you post"

RE: Smb lock settings problem - mk01 - 24th Mar, 2014 02:49 PM

(10th Feb, 2014 02:51 AM)IriDium Wrote:  If still the same can you post .xbmc/userdata/sources.xml, dmesg and xbmc.log via pastebin as stated in "Please read before you post"

@IriDium

I hope you have some kind of MACRO on keyboard shortcut predefined writing this down Smile)