Forum
XBMC doesn't start after system updates (beta2) - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: XBMC doesn't start after system updates (beta2) (/thread-2104.html)

XBMC doesn't start after system updates (beta2) - Fabio72 - 10th Feb, 2014 06:29 PM

Hi,
I made the following tries
-apply all updates from the shell on an old installation with nfs mount in fstab
-apply all updates from the shell on an fresh installation without nfs mount in fstab
-apply all updates from the gui on a fresh installation

Every time, after reboot xbmc does not start.
The last log line is:
Code:
22:38:41 T:3040911904   ERROR: DBus: Error org.freedesktop.UDisks.Error.Failed - Error mounting: mount exited with exit code 1: helper failed with:
                                            mount: according to mtab, /dev/mmcblk0p2 is already mounted on /home
                                            mount failed

If I don't update everything seems rock solid.

---
Note: in the very first installation, I added nfs mount in fstab and left autoupdate on. After some time the gui showed a message to reboot.
Then xbian remained stuck on network start.
I had to modify /etc/init/xbmc.conf and delete the autofs condition. Then everyting was fine again.
Just after installation there is not reference to autofs in xbmc.conf, so I guess the xbmc part as been updated some while.
My question is: autoupdate updates only the xbmc/xbian part and leaves behind the raspian stuff?

Thanks

RE: XBMC doesn't start after system updates (beta2) - Fabio72 - 11th Feb, 2014 07:56 PM

I left auto update on and after a reboot everything is fine, except for the NFS issue that I solved modifying xbmc.conf.

Now I copied everything on an NFS share and I'm using boot from NFS for easy backup.
The system works very well

RE: XBMC doesn't start after system updates (beta2) - psypreacher - 12th Feb, 2014 06:24 AM

Hi, same problem here. What exactly have you changed in xbmc.conf?
Thx ;-)

RE: XBMC doesn't start after system updates (beta2) - Fabio72 - 12th Feb, 2014 04:36 PM

In start I removed the and part after dbus.
You have to delete the autofs reference.
http://forum.xbian.org/thread-2048.html?highlight=nfs%2Bmount

RE: XBMC doesn't start after system updates (beta2) - mk01 - 24th Mar, 2014 11:18 AM

(11th Feb, 2014 07:56 PM)Fabio72 Wrote:  I left auto update on and after a reboot everything is fine, except for the NFS issue that I solved modifying xbmc.conf.

Now I copied everything on an NFS share and I'm using boot from NFS for easy backup.
The system works very well

that was a bug. xbmc scripts package with reference to autofs was released to stable repo, but update package with dependency to autofs (to force it's install) was released only to devel repository. so worked fine for installs having all three repositories enabled, but caused this problem for standard installs.

you actually setup the autoupdates as you need. by default autoupdate installs packages from
- XBian stable repo
- Raspbian Security updates
(Raspbian updates repo is left out for autoupdate runs)
(Raspbian standard is left out for autoupdate runs)
(XBian staging and devel is left out for autoupdate runs)

(((of course managing packages/updates manually provides all configured repositories)))

for detailed configuration please reler to /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/50unattended-upgrades. below you can see standard setup. you can just uncomment stable or stable-updates from Raspbian (personally I don't recommend it).
Code:
//      "o=Raspbian,a=stable";
//      "o=Raspbian,a=stable-updates";
//      "o=Raspbian,a=proposed-updates";
        "origin=Raspbian,archive=stable,label=Raspbian-Security";
//      "origin=Raspbian,archive=stable";
        "origin=XBian,archive=stable";
//        "origin=XBian-devel,archive=devel";