Forum
Installing webiopi, pilight -- Home Automation - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Community (/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Uncategorized (/forum-59.html)
+--- Thread: Installing webiopi, pilight -- Home Automation (/thread-2109.html)

Installing webiopi, pilight -- Home Automation - gregstah - 11th Feb, 2014 05:04 AM

Hi I was wondering if it's possible to install webiopi alongside Xbian...

I just tried to install Python but failed horribly... I'm not a linux guy at all :-)

I figure I have a Pi, it's sitting in a strategic location I may as well also make use of the GPIO's ....

Any advice would be appreciated.....

PS: I've also (via this forum) just heard of pilight... which also sounds great for the same purpose... so either would do...

Thank you!

G

Installing webiopi, Pilight -- Home Automation - lukeg01 - 11th Feb, 2014 06:54 AM

I recommended pilight, google on it, on their site is everything you need to know how to begin, if you need any help , let me know

RE: Installing webiopi, Pilight -- Home Automation - CurlyMo - 11th Feb, 2014 07:06 AM

@gregstah, can you please change the title from Pilight to pilight as it's written.

RE: Installing webiopi, Pilight -- Home Automation - Jastrzi - 11th Feb, 2014 03:22 PM

You can try also Domoticz. I have it on my pi and it works perfectly.

RE: Installing webiopi, pilight -- Home Automation - gregstah - 11th Feb, 2014 06:41 PM

Got it working, thank you!

Guys, thank you for pointing me to pilight, I'm really blown away...

I used to hack at php for a living at one point and know what goes into putting a resource together in the first place, let alone to do it so well! Great website, all the info you need, brilliant!!!

Thank you!.

RE: Installing webiopi, pilight -- Home Automation - CurlyMo - 11th Feb, 2014 07:48 PM

Thanks for the compliments. Awaiting your review Wink