Forum
New Raspberry Pi firmware & XBMC Frodo RC3 - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Testing & Experimental (/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: New Raspberry Pi firmware & XBMC Frodo RC3 (/thread-211.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: New Raspberry Pi firmware & XBMC Frodo RC3 - Dangee - 12th Jan, 2013 04:09 AM

(11th Jan, 2013 11:59 AM)syd Wrote:  try not grabbing it from https.
ie:
Code:
git clone --depth 5 -b xbian-alpha5 git://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian.git

Still the same...I'll try another SD Card just in case...

EDIT
I changed sd card and it works...untill' this message : fatal: fsync error on '/opt/xbian/.git/objects/pack/tmp_pack_KUuUic': Input/output error

Any idea ? Huh

RE: New Raspberry Pi firmware & XBMC Frodo RC3 - nyeswant - 12th Jan, 2013 11:53 PM

Just wanted to chime in here. I have a similar setup in terms of software stack. But i do have overclock set to medium and am on the 512 b models. I do not seem to have performance issues, albeit the sickbeard site is tad slow to start and i have both sickbeard and couchpotato start with nice 19.

I have attached the couchpotato and sickbeard init.d files that i use. Hope that helps.

(10th Jan, 2013 11:05 AM)endo Wrote:  @Koenkk i seem to have solved my problem

I bellieve it has to do with the "download package"(sickbeard, couchpotato, etc). After installing said package i had severe performance problems in xbmc, where the service would actually be killed, often within seconds of booting. I wasn't able to get a debug log, nor did it generate any crash report that i can find, however when i removed the download packages, my problems resolved themselves. as a note i have no overclock enabled, last time i did that i got a corrupted sdcard.

Would this perhaps be a ram issue, as i have the 256mb version?

RE: New Raspberry Pi firmware & XBMC Frodo RC3 - endo - 13th Jan, 2013 01:31 AM

I've actually repurposed an old laptop to serve as an NAS, a task the pi was formerly performing. With it's reduced load of tasks it seems to run better(although playback is a bit less reliable), it also eliminates the need for those packages on the pi. Thanks though

(12th Jan, 2013 11:53 PM)nyeswant Wrote:  Just wanted to chime in here. I have a similar setup in terms of software stack. But i do have overclock set to medium and am on the 512 b models. I do not seem to have performance issues, albeit the sickbeard site is tad slow to start and i have both sickbeard and couchpotato start with nice 19.

I have attached the couchpotato and sickbeard init.d files that i use. Hope that helps.

(10th Jan, 2013 11:05 AM)endo Wrote:  @Koenkk i seem to have solved my problem

I bellieve it has to do with the "download package"(sickbeard, couchpotato, etc). After installing said package i had severe performance problems in xbmc, where the service would actually be killed, often within seconds of booting. I wasn't able to get a debug log, nor did it generate any crash report that i can find, however when i removed the download packages, my problems resolved themselves. as a note i have no overclock enabled, last time i did that i got a corrupted sdcard.

Would this perhaps be a ram issue, as i have the 256mb version?

RE: New Raspberry Pi firmware & XBMC Frodo RC3 - Uncle_Tubbie - 14th Jan, 2013 02:28 AM

I have tried this 3X now. After I C-n-p root@xbian:/opt/xbian# git reset --hard 50715b73e7cd3f0229569809ef3ce5b03013d533
I recieve this message fatal: Could not parse object '50715b73e7cd3f0229569809ef3ce5b03013d533'.

Any ideas on how to fix this, or work around it?

Thank you

New Raspberry Pi firmware & XBMC Frodo RC3 - Koenkk - 14th Jan, 2013 02:31 AM

@Uncle_Tubbie skip the git reset --hard step, ATM it won't make a difference

RE: New Raspberry Pi firmware & XBMC Frodo RC3 - Uncle_Tubbie - 14th Jan, 2013 10:35 AM

@Koenkk = thank you

RE: New Raspberry Pi firmware & XBMC Frodo RC3 - CurlyMo - 14th Jan, 2013 10:55 AM

And ATM it does again Wink

RE: New Raspberry Pi firmware & XBMC Frodo RC3 - Crashthatch - 15th Jan, 2013 01:50 PM

Updated to 6cbc6d using the steps described in post #1. XBMC boots fine, but the moment I try to load system settings or play a file, the screen goes black and nothing responds.

Can still SSH in no problem. Restarting xmbc from there works, but I still can't get past the menu screen.

RE: New Raspberry Pi firmware & XBMC Frodo RC3 - Pihkal - 15th Jan, 2013 03:49 PM

Sounds to me like XBMC is crashing.
Can you post a dmesg report?

RE: New Raspberry Pi firmware & XBMC Frodo RC3 - monkeypet - 15th Jan, 2013 04:54 PM

Did anything change regarding memory usage? I updated following the instructions. My system is use the cmyth pvr mythtv client. It seems to work. LiveTV playback through the PVR client is smoother.

However, the system crashes often. I think it runs out of memory and goes to the black screen. I can reproduce using the following steps:

1. Reboot.
2. When xbmc starts, it will initialize the pvr stuff and start loading from the mythtv backend.
3. At the same time, access a uPNP device with a large set of subdirs. It crashes here often.

RE: New Raspberry Pi firmware & XBMC Frodo RC3 - Koenkk - 15th Jan, 2013 05:54 PM

@monkeypet and Crashhatch, could you post your /home/xbian/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log right after the crash?

RE: New Raspberry Pi firmware & XBMC Frodo RC3 - rikkards - 15th Jan, 2013 09:04 PM

(15th Jan, 2013 01:50 PM)Crashthatch Wrote:  Updated to 6cbc6d using the steps described in post #1. XBMC boots fine, but the moment I try to load system settings or play a file, the screen goes black and nothing responds.

Can still SSH in no problem. Restarting xmbc from there works, but I still can't get past the menu screen.

First time poster here. I too am having it show a black screen but mine is right away on bootup. I ssh'd in and found that xbmc.bin is not running (ps |grep xbmc.bin will show you). I then started it and got the blue screen for about 3 seconds and then got a segmentation fault. I even reflashed my card Aplha4 and then went through the steps again and got the same results.

Here is the dmesg: http://pastebin.com/Bt0Z24Eu

Edit by Koenkk: Please post your logs on pastebin.com and link them here. For this time I did this for you

RE: New Raspberry Pi firmware & XBMC Frodo RC3 - CurlyMo - 15th Jan, 2013 09:14 PM

@rikkards, can you please post the log on pastebin and put the link to it here.

RE: New Raspberry Pi firmware & XBMC Frodo RC3 - Koenkk - 15th Jan, 2013 09:42 PM

Seems that the latest XBMC isn't working well. If you are having problems replace the git reset --hard hash with 3bb844a380e93c049ff236bf59bcc6c14b5cc96b

RE: New Raspberry Pi firmware & XBMC Frodo RC3 - s2108312 - 15th Jan, 2013 10:40 PM

Hi,

I just followed these steps:

Code:
sudo su
/etc/init.d/xbmc stop
cd /opt
rm -rf xbian
git clone --depth 5 -b xbian-alpha5 git://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian.git
cd xbian
git reset --hard 6cbc6d382608aac1a0268dabd777d89394d3e07e
rm boot/kernel3_2_27.img boot/kernel3_6_1.img boot/kernel3_6_7.img boot/kernel3_6_9.img boot/kernel3_6_10.img boot/config.txt boot/cmdline.txt
mkdir /boot.OLD
cp -R /boot/* /boot.OLD
mv /opt/vc /opt/vc.OLD
mv /usr/local/share/xbmc /usr/local/share/xbmc.OLD
mv /usr/local/lib/xbmc /usr/local/lib/xbmc.OLD
cp -R boot/*  /boot
cp -R opt/vc /opt
cp -R usr/local/lib/xbmc /usr/local/lib/xbmc
cp -R usr/local/share/xbmc /usr/local/share/xbmc
chmod +x /usr/local/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin
mv /lib/modules/3.6.11+ /lib/modules/3.6.11+.OLD
cp -R lib/modules/3.6.11+ /lib/modules/
reboot

xbian@xbian:~/.xbmc/temp# vcgencmd version
Jan 9 2013 17:27:35
Copyright © 2012 Broadcom
version 361556 (release)
xbian@xbian:~/.xbmc/temp#

Went into XBMC -> System -> System Info

Got "Black Screen of Death" (just my fancy way of saying i got black screen, but SSH is ok)

xbmc log shows just this:
21:27:51 T:2950468672 ERROR: Unable to load libcurl.so.4, reason: libcurl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

root@xbian:/home/xbian/.xbmc/temp# find / -name libcurl.so.4
root@xbian:/home/xbian/.xbmc/temp#