Forum
XBMC automatically loads w/keyboard mouse, goes to prompt without - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: XBMC automatically loads w/keyboard mouse, goes to prompt without (/thread-2111.html)

XBMC automatically loads w/keyboard mouse, goes to prompt without - robertjm - 12th Feb, 2014 12:19 PM

Hi all,

Today I ran my new Raspberry Pi for the first time. When originally configuring it I had it looked up to my HDTV by composite, and had attached a keyboard and mouse so I could manually edit things as needed.

Before moving it, I made sure that I had ssh and Tightvncserver running, which I do.

Next, I moved it to my living room and hooked it up to my old standard def television. It's running without a keyboard and mouse here. Upon plugging it in, I get

Configuring network
Network started... (where it sits for nearly a minute, or so.)
Then it goes to the standard login prompt.

When I had it connected in the bedroom, XBMC automatically loaded.

I can ssh into it just fine.

In checking CONFIG-->SERVICES
xbmc is set to Autostart: YES Running: NO

If I try and run the thing, it just returns to the configuration screen.

I can even get vnc running so I can use my laptop to run the configuration program. However, I can't seem to get XBMC to load.

Using Xbian v1.0 beta 2 (I'm sure someone will be asking.)

RE: XBMC automatically loads w/keyboard mouse, goes to prompt without - IriDium - 13th Feb, 2014 06:35 AM

As a start "Please read before you post" - Which you haven't.

Provide dmesg and xbmc.log via pastebin.

So if I get this right, you configured Xbian to a working configuration where it was working, and then YOU moved it and moved it again, and again??

and then it didn't work ...and it's Xbian?? So what is your problem?

By default ssh will put you into Xbian-config