Forum
Xbian does not -appear- to be auto updating - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Xbian does not -appear- to be auto updating (/thread-2122.html)

Xbian does not -appear- to be auto updating - burgertime - 16th Feb, 2014 05:44 AM

Just curious, I'm on Beta 2 and I've got it set to auto update package inventory and auto install packages. However, every time I check the updates section of Settings>Xbian>Update - there are a ton of new packages listed.

Am I missing something?

RE: Xbian does not -appear- to be auto updating - IriDium - 17th Feb, 2014 03:26 AM

Have you checked dmesg and xbmc.log for any peculiar errors relating to it.

There are a "Poo" load of packages that need to be installed to get to RC 1.

I wonder if that is "confusing" the updater.

Might be best to do it via ssh xbian-config.

The trick is to update a few at a time until you get autofs errors. Reboot and start again. Select a few at a time until the process is complete.

RE: Xbian does not -appear- to be auto updating - burgertime - 17th Feb, 2014 09:35 AM

(17th Feb, 2014 03:26 AM)IriDium Wrote:  Have you checked dmesg and xbmc.log for any peculiar errors relating to it.

There are a "Poo" load of packages that need to be installed to get to RC 1.

I wonder if that is "confusing" the updater.

Might be best to do it via ssh xbian-config.

The trick is to update a few at a time until you get autofs errors. Reboot and start again. Select a few at a time until the process is complete.

Just like you said, updated until autofs errors, rebooted and continued. all updated.

Thanks!

RE: Xbian does not -appear- to be auto updating - mk01 - 16th Mar, 2014 02:50 PM

@burgertime

so you use auto update feature set on interval 1day ?

can you share some insights (if worth posting?)