Forum
[Question] NFS Installation guide - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Installation (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: [Question] NFS Installation guide (/thread-2152.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: [Question] NFS Installation guide - Rubman - 19th Mar, 2014 04:35 PM

Well whatever I try it doesn't seem to work.
Am I missing root tree or something or do I need to insert credentials somewhere to acces folder?

RE: [Question] NFS Installation guide - Rubman - 21st Mar, 2014 05:21 PM

Well I'm trying to get it to work, but with limited knowledge if Linux and putty commands it gets troublesome.

Read that it could also be done via rsync, don't know how that's gonna work sobreading in on it in my spare time andhoping that via trial and error I get it right and not mess up my NAS configuration in the process.

Still don't know why it doesn't work with xbian config though. Could it be that I need to upgrade to RC1?

That's done via apt get upgrade correct?

RE: [Question] NFS Installation guide - mk01 - 24th Mar, 2014 05:10 AM

(18th Mar, 2014 08:55 PM)Rubman Wrote:  When entering
nfs:192.168.1.103:/volume1/XBian

I still get Wrong destination block device error.

can you run this code from command line ?

Code:
sudo -i
export DEST="nfs:192.168.1.103:/volume1/XBian"
DEST=${DEST##'nfs:'}
tm=$(mktemp -d)
mount $DEST $tm && { rm -fr $tm/root $tm/xbian || :; } && touch $tm/root && touch $tm/xbian && chown xbian:xbian $tm/xbian && [ "$(stat -c %U $tm/root)" = root -a "$(stat -c %U $tm/xbian)" = xbian ] || { echo "ERROR"; umount $tm; }

if you get no answer, test is ok. and it should be running, probably bug later in the code.
if you get ERROR, then it wasn't able to retain ownership "xbian" on file (NFSROOT)/xbian and root on (NFSROOT)/root (or mount failed at the beginning).

can you mount the XBian export with
Code:
sudo mkdir /mnt/NFS
sudo mount 192.168.1.103:/volume1/XBian /mnt/NFS

?

RE: [Question] NFS Installation guide - Rubman - 24th Mar, 2014 06:48 PM

(24th Mar, 2014 05:10 AM)mk01 Wrote:  can you run this code from command line ?

Code:
sudo -i
export DEST="nfs:192.168.1.103:/volume1/XBian"
DEST=${DEST##'nfs:'}
tm=$(mktemp -d)
mount $DEST $tm && { rm -fr $tm/root $tm/xbian || :; } && touch $tm/root && touch $tm/xbian && chown xbian:xbian $tm/xbian && [ "$(stat -c %U $tm/root)" = root -a "$(stat -c %U $tm/xbian)" = xbian ] || { echo "ERROR"; umount $tm; }

if you get no answer, test is ok. and it should be running, probably bug later in the code.
if you get ERROR, then it wasn't able to retain ownership "xbian" on file (NFSROOT)/xbian and root on (NFSROOT)/root (or mount failed at the beginning).

After this I get no answer and when I look in my NAS folder created for XBian it has 2 files: Root and XBian. Both are 0 kb and seem to have nothing in them.

(24th Mar, 2014 05:10 AM)mk01 Wrote:  can you mount the XBian export with
Code:
sudo mkdir /mnt/NFS
sudo mount 192.168.1.103:/volume1/XBian /mnt/NFS

?

It seems to mount ok, but after trying again it says. already mounted

Tried altering cmdline to say the following
Code:
sdhci-bcm2708.sync_after_dma=0 dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=tty1 root=NFS:192.168.1.103:/volume1/XBian rootflags=subvol=root/@,autodefrag,compress=lzo rootfstype=btrfs rootwait smsc95xx.turbo_mode=N elevator=cfq logo.nologo quiet noswap loglevel=0 mod_scsi.scan=sync partswap startevent=mountall splash nohdparm --startup-event mountall

Whenever I try to start XBian it hangs at first splash screen and goes back to command line.

RE: [Question] NFS Installation guide - mk01 - 24th Mar, 2014 07:00 PM

(24th Mar, 2014 06:48 PM)Rubman Wrote:  
Code:
sdhci-bcm2708.sync_after_dma=0 dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=tty1 ip=dhcp root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=192.168.1.103:/volume1/XBian,vers=3,tcp,wsize=2048,rsize=2048 rootfstype=nfs rootwait smsc95xx.turbo_mode=N elevator=cfq logo.nologo quiet noswap loglevel=0 mod_scsi.scan=sync partswap startevent=mountall splash nohdparm --startup-event mountall

(24th Mar, 2014 06:48 PM)Rubman Wrote:  After this I get no answer and when I look in my NAS folder created for XBian it has 2 files: Root and XBian. Both are 0 kb and seem to have nothing in them.

then it looks good. at what stage then xbian-config failed during preparing NFS root? maybe only the /boot/cmdline.txt updating part failed.

that would explain your wrong cmdline.txt

try using the one I edited above.

RE: [Question] NFS Installation guide - Rubman - 24th Mar, 2014 07:51 PM

(24th Mar, 2014 07:00 PM)mk01 Wrote:  
(24th Mar, 2014 06:48 PM)Rubman Wrote:  
Code:
sdhci-bcm2708.sync_after_dma=0 dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=tty1 ip=dhcp root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=192.168.1.103:/volume1/XBian,vers=3,tcp,wsize=2048,rsize=2048 rootfstype=nfs rootwait smsc95xx.turbo_mode=N elevator=cfq logo.nologo quiet noswap loglevel=0 mod_scsi.scan=sync partswap startevent=mountall splash nohdparm --startup-event mountall

(24th Mar, 2014 06:48 PM)Rubman Wrote:  After this I get no answer and when I look in my NAS folder created for XBian it has 2 files: Root and XBian. Both are 0 kb and seem to have nothing in them.

then it looks good. at what stage then xbian-config failed during preparing NFS root? maybe only the /boot/cmdline.txt updating part failed.

that would explain your wrong cmdline.txt

try using the one I edited above.

When using xbian-copier it hangs immediatly after entering NFS destination and clicking OK.
No waiting screen like with regular USB copying just straight to Wrong destination Block device

When trying out your cmdline it still hangs at splash screen saying init process. No commandline this time just splash screen

RE: [Question] NFS Installation guide - mk01 - 24th Mar, 2014 08:07 PM

(24th Mar, 2014 07:51 PM)Rubman Wrote:  When using xbian-copier it hangs immediatly after entering NFS destination and clicking OK.
No waiting screen like with regular USB copying just straight to Wrong destination Block device

When trying out your cmdline it still hangs at splash screen saying init process. No commandline this time just splash screen

can you remove "splash" "quiet"
change loglevel to loglevel=4

boot

and make picture of screen ?

RE: [Question] NFS Installation guide - Rubman - 24th Mar, 2014 08:17 PM

(24th Mar, 2014 08:07 PM)mk01 Wrote:  
(24th Mar, 2014 07:51 PM)Rubman Wrote:  When using xbian-copier it hangs immediatly after entering NFS destination and clicking OK.

can you remove "splash" "quiet"
change loglevel to loglevel=4

boot

and make picture of screen ?

Ok after going through a ton of code scrolling on the screen this is the picture of what is says. (sorry phone pic, no keyboard connected to Pi)

What it says at the bottom is:
ln /proc/proc: Operation not permitted
Switching Root
/init: line 197: can't open /rootfs/dev/console: no such file
[ 47 .277157] Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init! exitcode=0x00000200
[ 47 .277157]

RE: [Question] NFS Installation guide - mk01 - 24th Mar, 2014 08:30 PM

comment out line starting "initramfs.gz" in /boot/config.txt .

if this is the latest version of packages available (stable), I would be interested in getting shell access if possible (even under non-root privileged user)?

RE: [Question] NFS Installation guide - Rubman - 24th Mar, 2014 10:52 PM

(24th Mar, 2014 08:30 PM)mk01 Wrote:  comment out line starting "initramfs.gz" in /boot/config.txt .

if this is the latest version of packages available (stable), I would be interested in getting shell access if possible (even under non-root privileged user)?

Code:
initramfs initramfs.gz  0x00a00000

I installed XBian Beta2 with the windows installer and after first boot set updates to automatic.

What would you need to get acces? and what do you need acces to?

RE: [Question] NFS Installation guide - Senseohasser - 2nd Feb, 2015 12:03 AM

Hi!

Maybe a studpid question: What does the line: "NFS-EXPORT will be reformatted" in the GUI of the Xbian copier exactly mean?

I want to copy my Xbian installation as an IMG-file to my NAS, how is the correct setting of the destination path?

RE: [Question] NFS Installation guide - CurlyMo - 2nd Feb, 2015 12:05 AM

Code:
file:/path/to/nas/xbian.img