Forum
[SOLVED] Xbian with working: Sopcast and XSopcast, Retropie and Rom Collection Browser - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Others (/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] Xbian with working: Sopcast and XSopcast, Retropie and Rom Collection Browser (/thread-2157.html)

Xbian with working: Sopcast and XSopcast, Retropie and Rom Collection Browser - JuStAdsor - 5th Mar, 2014 01:11 AM

I have finally managed to make an working image for Raspberry PI with:
- Sopcast and XSopcast
- Retropie
- Rom Collection Browser
WORKING!

1. XSopcast
    Works perfectly with almost any that is up and working. For some streams VC-1 or MPEG2 license is required.
  2. Retropie
    Needs to be launched manually after exiting Xbmc by issuing the command: emulationstation after login (probably in the future will be automatically launched)
  3. Rom Collection Browser
    You can have all your backup roms in Xbmc and launch them from Xbmc. The roms will appear with covers and description. After you will close the emulation, you will be taken back to Xbmc automatically. The emulation fully supports PS3 game controller.

Since this this was made for testing purposes, please express your wish to make this public, since it make no sense to clean it up otherwise.
After this I'll make public the link and complete the instructions.

For installation an 8GB good card is needed.

Saved

RE: Xbian with working: Sopcast and XSopcast, Retropie and Rom Collection Browser - IriDium - 5th Mar, 2014 04:02 AM

Many thanks for your contribution - appreciated.

I'm sure many users will be keen to try your updates.

May I ask you add a brief detail of what each program does (Not everyone will know) and then provide the steps needed for installation.

Xbian with working: Sopcast and XSopcast, Retropie and Rom Collection Browser - JuStAdsor - 5th Mar, 2014 04:08 AM

(5th Mar, 2014 04:02 AM)IriDium Wrote:  Many thanks for your contribution - appreciated.

I'm sure many users will be keen to try your updates.

May I ask you add a brief detail of what each program does (Not everyone will know) and then provide the steps needed for installation.

Sure. We'll add evrithing.

RE: Xbian with working: Sopcast and XSopcast, Retropie and Rom Collection Browser - mk01 - 17th Mar, 2014 11:50 PM

@JuStAdsor

there are definitely users having this setup or having interest to have it, so anyhow packages to install or scripts doing the final installs/configs would be definitely to use.

Starting the retropie from inside XBMC + return back to XBMC is not that complicated, if you would like I can assist.

RE: Xbian with working: Sopcast and XSopcast, Retropie and Rom Collection Browser - pvlietst - 14th May, 2014 06:47 AM

ConfusedHuhUndecided Guess this thread is not going anywhere.
To bad, was exactly was i was looking for.
Do would be nice to hear where to look for a solution like this.
or hear more about "Starting the retropie from inside XBMC + return back to XBMC is not that complicated, if you would like I can assist."
:blush:noob here.