Forum
Download Package not installing - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Additional Packages (/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Download Package not installing (/thread-2182.html)

Download Package not installing - naverave - 16th Mar, 2014 04:22 PM

Hey guys, I recently installed a fresh copy of xbian and was trying to install the 'download' package but its not working for me. I tried it through xbmc settings interface, xbian-config interface and on command line. Each time I get the same error which can been seen in the bottom half of the code.
Code:
root@xbian:/home/xbian# sudo apt-get install -y -o Dpkg::Options::="--force-confdef" -o Dpkg::Options::="--force-confold" xbian-package-download
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
The following extra packages will be installed:
  git git-core git-man liberror-perl libevent-core-2.0-5 libevent-dev libevent-extra-2.0-5 libevent-openssl-2.0-5 libevent-pthreads-2.0-5 libpar2-0 libsigc++0c2 python-cheetah python2.6 python2.6-minimal unrar
  xbian-package-couchpotato xbian-package-headphones xbian-package-nzbget xbian-package-sickbeard xbian-package-sickbeard-tpb xbian-package-transmission
Suggested packages:
  git-daemon-run git-daemon-sysvinit git-doc git-el git-arch git-cvs git-svn git-email git-gui gitk gitweb python-markdown python-pygments python-memcache python2.6-doc binfmt-support
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  git git-core git-man liberror-perl libevent-core-2.0-5 libevent-dev libevent-extra-2.0-5 libevent-openssl-2.0-5 libevent-pthreads-2.0-5 libpar2-0 libsigc++0c2 python-cheetah python2.6 python2.6-minimal unrar
  xbian-package-couchpotato xbian-package-download xbian-package-headphones xbian-package-nzbget xbian-package-sickbeard xbian-package-sickbeard-tpb xbian-package-transmission
0 upgraded, 22 newly installed, 0 to remove and 34 not upgraded.
Need to get 3,532 B/42.6 MB of archives.
After this operation, 77.4 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://xbian.brantje.com/ stable/main xbian-package-sickbeard armhf 1.2 [3,532 B]
Fetched 1 B in 0s (10 B/s)                          
Failed to fetch http://xbian.brantje.com/pool/stable/main/x/xbian-package-sickbeard/xbian-package-sickbeard_1.2_armhf.deb  Size mismatch
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

Please help Angel

RE: Download Package not installing - mk01 - 16th Mar, 2014 06:08 PM

try

Code:
apt-get clean
apt-get update

continue as intended

RE: Download Package not installing - naverave - 16th Mar, 2014 07:48 PM

(16th Mar, 2014 06:08 PM)mk01 Wrote:  try

Code:
apt-get clean
apt-get update

continue as intended

Thank you mk01. apt-get clean did the trick Big Grin

RE: Download Package not installing - mk01 - 16th Mar, 2014 07:56 PM

As I realised that there are two different .deb files on the repo providing the same package and version.

So what was happening your apt-get downloaded the second one but compared checksum to first one. Undecided
I also found some other posts with this issue and clearly all have been caused by this obvious (stupid) issue on apt.

(that's why for some users who downloaded the deb and installed from local file it worked)

((your are welcome and enjoy))