Forum
Flexget vs Couch Potato and Sick Beard - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Additional Packages (/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Flexget vs Couch Potato and Sick Beard (/thread-2184.html)

Flexget vs Couch Potato and Sick Beard - naverave - 17th Mar, 2014 12:20 AM

Hello guys,

so I have configured both options and am wondering if the lite nature of flexget trumps couch potato and sick beard. I cannot use trakt.tv with couch potato. It doesn't work consistently. Plus its always coming up with errors. Sickbeard is just not really fast enough and isn't working out for me. It seems to me flexget is the best option for long term use but making a polished and functional config file for it is hell of a task. On the other hand the GUI interface for the other two packages make life easier.

So my question is can I achieve a reasonable and functional solution with couchpotato and sickbeard or is it too much work for the pi while running xbmc? Also I would like to use maraschino if cp and beard work like they should.

I already have formatted a partition in my external hdd to ext4 for a smoother experience.

Just wondering about what your experiences are like when working out an automation process for downloading media.

Thanks for answering.

RE: Flexget vs Couch Potato and Sick Beard - koper89 - 17th Mar, 2014 05:22 AM

Ok, I tried all of you proposition so I'll try to describe my experience:
Flexget - great functions, but as you said config file is a really tough work, so I decided to not use it - I'm too lazy.
Couchpotato, sickbeard - I have installed both of them (2 instances of sickbeard - TPB + Animebranch) and it's working without any problems, CPU usage is minor, Memory usage is a little bit high in sickbeard - 15% x 2 in my case (Rev B Raspberry Pi with 512MB RAM), but it's not any problem - I can watch any movie without delays/glitches, and download stuff using rtorrent 0.9.3,
I installed maraschino but I think this was the cause of my problem with XBMC usage (but not sure, so you need to check it by yourself), anyway I don't need it.

Best wishes.

RE: Flexget vs Couch Potato and Sick Beard - naverave - 17th Mar, 2014 06:56 PM

(17th Mar, 2014 05:22 AM)koper89 Wrote:  Ok, I tried all of you proposition so I'll try to describe my experience:
Flexget - great functions, but as you said config file is a really tough work, so I decided to not use it - I'm too lazy.
Couchpotato, sickbeard - I have installed both of them (2 instances of sickbeard - TPB + Animebranch) and it's working without any problems, CPU usage is minor, Memory usage is a little bit high in sickbeard - 15% x 2 in my case (Rev B Raspberry Pi with 512MB RAM), but it's not any problem - I can watch any movie without delays/glitches, and download stuff using rtorrent 0.9.3,
I installed maraschino but I think this was the cause of my problem with XBMC usage (but not sure, so you need to check it by yourself), anyway I don't need it.

Best wishes.

Yeah optimising the config file for flexget is too much work. I wonder if the flexget web ui is functional yet. I was able to use maraschino no problem. I have the same pi but I am using transmission instead of rtorrent. I read somewhere that setting up rtorrent is a bit hard but it uses less resources than transmission. Are you using usenet? I can add shows in sickbeard but cannot get the episodes to download from it.

RE: Flexget vs Couch Potato and Sick Beard - koper89 - 17th Mar, 2014 10:35 PM

I'm ot using usenet, just private trackers + rtorrent. I tried flexget UI, but it's not usefull right now, but they started developing it.

RE: Flexget vs Couch Potato and Sick Beard - naverave - 18th Mar, 2014 11:13 AM

Yeah I will stick to couchpotato and sickbeard till some one here posts an updated config file for flexget with imdb and trakt integration.

RE: Flexget vs Couch Potato and Sick Beard - zilexa - 25th Mar, 2014 06:50 AM

Flexget is fantastic. Once setup, you do not need to configure it, EVER. The only UI you see is Trakt.tv and transmission webUI, possibly showrss.info.
I have it working for 5 very different people (60+ people, gf etc), some have been using it in combination with XBIan for over 6 months already, no support needed from me.

if you Google "automated tv shows", the first hit is a guide I wrote, how to set up a "Netflix" experience using XBian and Flexget. The guide is a bit outdated since RC1 requires more steps to install and also Flexget made big changes since 1.2. But a working config.yml is already posted by me.

If you would follow that guide, I think it is even easier to set up compared to couchpotato and sickbeard, but to be honest I never used those two.
I started with newsgroups and NZBs years ago, when ISPs in NL still had very good retention (Casema). Switched to torrents later. used SabNZB early versions for a while. Then uTorrent in combination with their RSS support and fantastic episode filter. Flexget is just as great but even more automated and better!

RE: Flexget vs Couch Potato and Sick Beard - GnobarEl - 9th Apr, 2014 08:23 AM

Hi,
can you use sickbeard and rtorrent?

Thanks!

RE: Flexget vs Couch Potato and Sick Beard - ghpoipd - 10th Feb, 2022 02:58 PM

I tried flexget UI, but it's not currently useful, but they're working on it. basket random