Forum
[PROBLEM] External Device Message - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Peripherals (/forum-27.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] External Device Message (/thread-2187.html)

External Device Message - Lanzelet - 17th Mar, 2014 07:25 PM

Hi there,

I am running Xbian XMBC on my Raspberry Pi Model B and all is well. But there is always a message displayed which says "External Device attached XBian Beta 2" and then few seconds late "External Device detached - Xbian Beta 2". I am running the newest version of Xbian.

It's displayed quite often and I don't know why, because I have nothing attached on the Pi. I am streaming stuff from my Windows 8.1 laptop via WLAN and LAN.

Do you know why I am getting this message all the time and how I can get rid of it?

RE: External Device Message - belese - 17th Mar, 2014 09:10 PM

It's due to btrfs and internal process of xbian. There are now no way to disable it. I was looking few time ago for a workaround but didn't find a good solution. So for now, you have to live with.

RE: External Device Message - IriDium - 18th Mar, 2014 05:23 AM

At the moment there is no sensible way to disable it - it was discussed a while ago, and no simple solution could be found as it a XBMC pop up message.

I believe that this is a scheduled task that is usually run at midnight (When we should be asleep :-) ) but runs if the scheduled run was not completed - i.e the RPi is switched off at night.

RE: External Device Message - Lanzelet - 24th Mar, 2014 07:49 PM

(18th Mar, 2014 05:23 AM)IriDium Wrote:  At the moment there is no sensible way to disable it - it was discussed a while ago, and no simple solution could be found as it a XBMC pop up message.

I believe that this is a scheduled task that is usually run at midnight (When we should be asleep :-) ) but runs if the scheduled run was not completed - i.e the RPi is switched off at night.

Midnight where? Wink

I usually switch of my Raspi, when I am not using it, so this might be the cause.