Forum
Delete over Network - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Configuration (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Delete over Network (/thread-2191.html)

Delete over Network - larkspeed - 18th Mar, 2014 07:08 PM

I am using XBian 1.0 Beta 2 on a Raspberry Pi with a connected external USB hard drive.

This setup is installed in the bedroom upstairs and is intended to replace the unstable AC Ryan PlayOn! HD that is currently in use there.

Xbian is all up and running and working perfectly, it's faster and way more stable than the Ac Ryan.

We also have multiple windows based PC's in this house including a windows based laptop being used as a HTPC on the TV downstairs.

This also works great as those PC's can access the drive on the Pi over the network and stream that content.

The only problem I have that prevents me from switching to Xbian full time is the apparent inability to delete files across the network.

If I watch and episode of a TV show on one of the others PC's in the house I am unable to delete that then watched file unless I go upstairs and delete it locally on the Pi in the bedroom.

This creates a problem since there are over 30 TV shows being tracked by myself, my wife and my 3 kids living at home. It makes this setup become a lot more hassle since with the current setup they can watch their shows and then just delete them after doing so but they can't with Xbian.

Is there anything I can do to configure Xbian so I can delete files from elsewhere within my home network.

RE: Delete over Network - mk01 - 24th Mar, 2014 08:58 AM

@larkspeed

that means you are downloading to the RPI's external disk?
what filesystem is that? and how do you share files from RPI to other stations in the network (as remote mounted folder, or uPNP, or ...)?

RE: Delete over Network - larkspeed - 24th Mar, 2014 09:10 AM

the file system was ext3 and I had not specifically shared anything, I did'nt have to because it was already visible to the windows machines right out of the box.

The point is moot now anyway and I converted the Raspberry Pi to running RaspMC and it asks as a media player exclusivly.

I now run Flexget, Utorrent and XBMC on a windows 7 atom based machine and now everything works the way I want it to.

RE: Delete over Network - mk01 - 24th Mar, 2014 09:25 AM

the auto-sharing for auto-mounted disks is set to readonly by default. to provide at least some kind of protection against accidental deletions etc.

in xbian-config xbmc is switch to allow such shares for readwrite access.