Forum
xbian & xmbctorrent - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Installation (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: xbian & xmbctorrent (/thread-2204.html)

xbian & xmbctorrent - g9100 - 24th Mar, 2014 08:36 PM

Hi all,

I have setup an raspberry pi model b with xbian beta2 and xbmctorrent.
I want to use it mainly to view online movies with this.
I have problem though. Most of the films start Ok and play but at some random point the xmbc player stops playing.
I don't know if this is a player problem, an internet connection problem or a xmbctorrent problem
I am under the impression that it may be an internet problem and the player stops because it reaches the end of the donwloaded film.
I there a logfile someplace I could look into or post someplace so we can confirm what is happening ?

Kind Regards

RE: xbian & xmbctorrent - IriDium - 25th Mar, 2014 02:28 AM

See "Please read before you post" - a link is in my signature. It will show how to post the xbmc.log

RE: xbian & xmbctorrent - mk01 - 25th Mar, 2014 06:29 PM

@g9100

that means that at the exact position you are in the movie, data are missing (not yet downloaded).
older version of xbmctorrent was better at forcing early movie parts to be downloaded first.

with current version wait until 5-10% is downloaded, then I watch it (so if xbmtorrent start playback, I pause it and wait few minutes.

in any case if your playback is stopped, after you choose again the same torrent, ... RESUME will happen.

RE: xbian & xmbctorrent - Alexandros04 - 4th Apr, 2014 10:20 PM

Resume doesn't work for me. It always starts at the begining. Any idea how?

RE: xbian & xmbctorrent - mk01 - 5th Apr, 2014 12:20 AM

@Alexandros04

in add-on settings you have to check "keep files after playback/download stops"

xbian & xmbctorrent - Alexandros04 - 5th Apr, 2014 08:57 AM

Okay thank you. But then I have to delete the file when I am finished right?

RE: xbian & xmbctorrent - mk01 - 5th Apr, 2014 01:24 PM

yes.

there is some kind of "auto cleanup" in settings - but no idea what are the criteria for cleanup and still you have to click it manually. but maybe it at least removes all tmp data at once.

definitely there should be a setting to keep a file UNTIL not fully downloaded and until not watched.

but as all this is open software - either you make the change yourself - or feel free to contact author with this feature request. i expect it to be development under one hour.

there you go https://github.com/steeve/xbmctorrent