Forum
[PROBLEM] Wlan0 is not recognized when eth0 is unplugged - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Network (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] Wlan0 is not recognized when eth0 is unplugged (/thread-2210.html)

Wlan0 is not recognized when eth0 is unplugged - Parrot - 27th Mar, 2014 08:24 AM

Hi all,

I've got a Raspberry model B and my Xbian version is 1.0 Beta 2. When I want to boot the Raspberry with only my dongle wifi (D-Link N150), he can't boot correctly ( the screen is always stop on "connect to network" with the xbian logo). I'm forced to plug the RJ45 cable in order to "active" wlan0

When the RJ45 cable is plugged, I can ping the wlan0's IP and when eth0 is unplugged I can't ping wlan0

Wlan0 is configured manually and eth0 is configured by DHCP

I would like to use my Raspberry with only my wireless network.

If you've got any idea for solve my trouble, that would be nice

You can find with this post the results of ifconfig and lsusb

Thank you for your help

Parrot

RE: Wlan0 is not recognized when eth0 is unplugged - mk01 - 27th Mar, 2014 08:45 AM

@Parrot

remove eth0 from "auto" adapters
and keep wlan0 definitely as "hotplug" and inet conf "static". in case you are not sure what that specifically means, post your /etc/network/interfaces file and I will update it for you

RE: Wlan0 is not recognized when eth0 is unplugged - Parrot - 28th Mar, 2014 07:03 AM

(27th Mar, 2014 08:45 AM)mk01 Wrote:  @Parrot

remove eth0 from "auto" adapters
and keep wlan0 definitely as "hotplug" and inet conf "static". in case you are not sure what that specifically means, post your /etc/network/interfaces file and I will update it for you

Hi mk01,

Thank you for answering. Wlan0 was configured by the Xbian GUI so my /etc/network/interfaces has been generated automatically. For me, wlan0 is already hotplug and static in this file. How I can remove eth0 from auto adapters ? You can find my /etc/network/interfaces as attached file.

Best regards,

Parrot

RE: Wlan0 is not recognized when eth0 is unplugged - mk01 - 3rd Apr, 2014 02:06 PM

@Parrot

the interfaces file is now correct. (1) please update your XBian to latest available version.

and meantime you can try changing:
Code:
iface eth0 inet dhcp

to

Code:
iface eth0 inet manual

but (1) is highly preferred.