Forum
btrfs and lz4 - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Testing & Experimental (/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: btrfs and lz4 (/thread-2217.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: btrfs and lz4 - f1vefour - 13th Sep, 2014 11:02 AM

Awesome @mk01, I didn't know about sending and receiving snapshots.

I have used netcat and dd to clone a disk over the network and it worked a treat.

RE: btrfs and lz4 - HolyK - 30th Aug, 2015 02:08 AM

(13th Apr, 2014 07:43 PM)mk01 Wrote:  (for anyone willing to try just re-clone XBian with xbian-config by specifying filesystem type in front of block device name - for instance:
fs2:/dev/sda2 will clone to sda2 and use fs2 filesystem, ext4:/dev/sda2 will use ext4 - XBian is completely universal in system setting files - no other changes are needed - only cmdline.txt of course)

Hello,

i am not quite sure what do you mean by "re-clone with xbian-config" could you please explain a bit? I've ended up in that "blue" Confing screen where the 6th option is "Xbian copier" unfortunately when i use that i get error "can't prepare destination filesystem". Or did i miss something and there is another way?

I'd like to have the second partition on ext4 instead on btrfs due to a multiboot environment.

Source: /dev/mmcblk0p2
Destination: ext4:/dev/sda2

Note: /dev/sda2 is a second partiiton on my USB disk and it is a linux partition

Thank you in advance for your reply

//EDIT: Ok i figured it out. It needs to be unmounted first. Then it works Big Grin