Forum
[IDEA] select all box in upgrade - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Testing & Experimental (/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: [IDEA] select all box in upgrade (/thread-2218.html)

[IDEA] select all box in upgrade - dharmabm - 4th Apr, 2014 06:28 PM

one thing i noticed pretty quickly (as i have been doing a LOT of testing lately) is the lack of a 'select all' box in xbian-config's upgrades menu. i digging through the code on github and think i found where it would go, but not sure how to implement. it doesn't seem like it would be a difficult thing to do though. just a thought.

RE: [IDEA] select all box in upgrade - mk01 - 4th Apr, 2014 07:23 PM

there is upgrade "all" in xbmc version, even command line accepts "-" to install all available, it is missing in CLI GUI though.

maybe CurlyMo will help again as he is "dialog" master ....

later:
implemented in xbian-package-config-shell 2.1.6-67. there is checkbox "0" to update all in the front of all updates. it would be nice to tick all by ticking this one - space for improvement.

RE: [IDEA] select all box in upgrade - CurlyMo - 5th Apr, 2014 02:20 AM

Why don't you let all packages be ticked by default?

RE: [IDEA] select all box in upgrade - mk01 - 5th Apr, 2014 07:16 AM

Why aren't all installed automatically on daily basis ?

wrong question Curly. Smile simply because XBian authors designed it that way. if user wants most comfortable system, auto updates should be allowed - I'm convinced it is least problematic way to update that system (for all users used to tick all and hit enter).

RE: [IDEA] select all box in upgrade - IriDium - 6th Apr, 2014 01:16 AM

I believe @dharmabm was willing to make the changes but wasn't too sure how to.

However, I prefer to have the option to select what I want but given a check box to select all, is my preferred method for as you you say - if a user wanted to select everything, then auto update would be the way to go.

RE: [IDEA] select all box in upgrade - CurlyMo - 6th Apr, 2014 02:21 AM

The problem is that dialog is almost fully static. So having a "real" select all button doesn't work. Instead, the dialog should be rebuilt with all checkboxes checked.