Forum
Use XBMC official remote to run subtitle script. - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Use XBMC official remote to run subtitle script. (/thread-2231.html)

Use XBMC official remote to run subtitle script. - Sw3ex - 13th Apr, 2014 04:36 AM

Hi, I'm still fairly new to Raspberry Pi and XBMC so I hope somebody here can help me.
I installed the xbmc subtitles add on and to search for subtitles I need to the OSD and select the ( I guess) subtitle button to launch the add on. And while it works I know that this process is way to confusing for my family.
I would like to assign this script to the subtitle button that's in the XBMC official remote app ( for now this simply toggles the subtitles). I'm not sure on how to achieve this or where to change the settings if it is at all possible.

RE: Use XBMC official remote to run subtitle script. - Davem - 13th Apr, 2014 07:27 AM

(13th Apr, 2014 04:36 AM)Sw3ex Wrote:  Hi, I'm still fairly new to Raspberry Pi and XBMC so I hope somebody here can help me.
I installed the xbmc subtitles add on and to search for subtitles I need to the OSD and select the ( I guess) subtitle button to launch the add on. And while it works I know that this process is way to confusing for my family.
I would like to assign this script to the subtitle button that's in the XBMC official remote app ( for now this simply toggles the subtitles). I'm not sure on how to achieve this or where to change the settings if it is at all possible.
Why not connect it to a button of your remote?

You can change your remotes by editing this file: Keymap.xml in the directory /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/
(some background in the XBMC wiki

As example with this code, the subtitle plugin opens when pressing the GREEN button on your remote. When you also add the option in the subtitle addon: auto download first sync subtitle. You don't see any selection popup and the subtitle will get automatically downloaded.

Terminal

<keymap>
<global>
<remote>
<red>nextsubtitle</red>
<green>RunScript(script.xbmc.subtitles)</green>
</remote>
</global>
</keymap>

And if you would like to use an app (Android) I suggest Yatse to do this instead of the official XBMC remote.

RE: Use XBMC official remote to run subtitle script. - Sw3ex - 13th Apr, 2014 07:08 PM

Thanks for your reply! In the meantime I found that for my special case pressing the subtitle button longtime runs the script. I am still interested in this though. What I'm still wondering is how do I know that the green button is called green? Or the name of any other button.
Why do you say Yatse is better? Do you also have a suggestion for iOS?

RE: Use XBMC official remote to run subtitle script. - mk01 - 15th Apr, 2014 11:24 AM

@Sw3ex,

when you go to addons, install addons, XBian addon repo, you will find addon called "KEY MAPPER" or similar. it should allow you to directly map buttons to actions without the usual way (editing files).

People are using it and reporting OK. I tried only once - for me too much options. as it will allow you to map I suppose ALL xbmc possible actions. So biggest "problem" will be to go through them all and find the correct action.

Viel Gluck!
Wink