Forum
[SOLVED] Transmission doesn't detect real available size - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Community (/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Uncategorized (/forum-59.html)
+--- Thread: [SOLVED] Transmission doesn't detect real available size (/thread-2234.html)

Transmission doesn't detect real available size - Tiwenty - 14th Apr, 2014 05:18 AM

Hi everyone! I use Xbian now for a year, and I really like it. Mostly because it is easy to use (the easy setup of wifi, Transmission...), and provides me with a little mediacenter to watch some movies on the TV.

But for a few months I have a problem with Transmission. I use Sickbeard to automatically download some episodes when they are released. I don't use its post-proccess functions, I only want him to fetch the torrent of the episode and send it to Transmission. So after watching my episode, I delete it. Usually, I delete with the option in Remote Transmission for Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.neogb.rtac which gives me an option to also delete files with the torrent) or Transmission Qt for Windows, which also gives the option to delete files with the torrent. But I also delete them with a classic rm in the terminal.

So when I do this, files seem to be removed. A ls shows them deleted. But when I do a df -h, there isn't more space available. I read some things about "ghosts" files, and rebooted a lot of times, but nothing changed. And du gives me another thing. For example, now on my 8Go SD, df -h returns on rootfs for a size of 7.2G, I use 5.9G and 973M is free. But when I launch du -ch, I have a total of 957M. The last result looks more real, because now I don't have anything excepted the base Xbian with its programs. I recently downloaded some episodes of a few gigabytes. I wouldn't care if Transmission didn't report the fake available size, and won't stop its downloads.

I think that Transmission use the df command to know available space, because df reports 973M free and Transmission on its web interface reports 1.01 Gb, which is the same.

I finally think that there is something with links, hard or soft, made by Transmission or Sickbeard. I gotta try next time to firstly remove the torrent from Transmission and then delete the files with rm. But now, I must format my 8 Gb SD card every month.

Thanks in advance for your help, and thank you for your work!

RE: Transmission doesn't detect real available size - mk01 - 15th Apr, 2014 11:05 AM

This is caused by keeping some filesystem history for easy restore or rollbacks. You can turn then off via XBMC-CONFIG in XBMC or via editing file /etc/default/xbian-snap and setting ENABLEDAPT to "no". then remove existing snpshots like this:
Code:
btrfs-auto-snapshot list | grep -v @$ | xargs -L1 btrfs-auto-snapshot destroy

as soon as they are removed, filesystem workers will in few minutes free all the relevant space.

RE: Transmission doesn't detect real available size - Tiwenty - 19th Apr, 2014 01:15 AM

Hi!

Thanks for your answer! I disabled the snapshots in xbian-snap, then tried to use the command you showed me. But the command isn't found. And today I tried to remove an episode downloaded with Sickbeard and Transmission properly, I removed the torrent from Transmission, then made sudo rm -rf myFile, rebooted and it still used the same place before I removed the file. :/

What shall I do?

RE: Transmission doesn't detect real available size - mk01 - 19th Apr, 2014 09:02 AM

@Tiwenty

you have to run it under root privileges. because of pipes etc, enter sudo before
Code:
sudo -i
btrfs-auto-snapshot list | grep -v @$ | xargs -L1 btrfs-auto-snapshot destroy

the command has to be there as it the same which is creating snapshots.

RE: Transmission doesn't detect real available size - Tiwenty - 19th Apr, 2014 05:53 PM

Thanks, it worked! I only tried with sudo btrfs...
It freed almost 2Gb! Thank you and have a nice day!