Forum
[PROBLEM] HP MCE Remote Problem! - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Kodi (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: [PROBLEM] HP MCE Remote Problem! (/thread-2241.html)

HP MCE Remote Problem! - ipodtouchdude - 22nd Apr, 2014 08:44 AM

Software
XBian version: 1.0RC1
XBMC version: XBMC 13.0-RC1 Git:20140418-3a77615 (Compiled: Apr 18 2014)
Overclock settings:
  • arm_freq=950
  • core_freq=250
  • sdram_freq=450
  • over_voltage=6
  • force_turbo=1

Hardware
Power supply rating: UK 3-pin Mains 5V @ 1.2A power supply.
RPi model (model A/B 256mb/512mb): Model B 512MB.
SD card size and make/type: Integral Ultima Pro SDHC Class 10 16GB .
Network (wireless or LAN): LAN.
Connected devices (TV, USB, network storage, etc.): USB IR Receiver.

Logile
Link to logfile(s): [attachment=321]

Problem description:
My HP MCE Remote new and old version wont work properly now. They both fully worked the navigation going in menus and going back, playing, pausing and everything. But now XBMC only responds to up, down, left and right and no other buttons on the remotes.

I also have a cheap remote I got off eBay that came with its own IR Receiver (USB) and that works fully.

Everything is fully up to date (no more apt-get upgrade).

RE: HP MCE Remote Problem! - dharmabm - 23rd Apr, 2014 01:37 AM

i have been struggling with the same issues, using the same remote as your first image and the same receiver. works perfectly (most of the time) in beta2, but can't get it to work at all in rc1. i have been working on some diagnostics to solve the issue but have been away on holiday. i will use this thread to figure it out, and will post more detail tomorrow.

<edit> actually, have a look at THIS THREAD to see if your hardware is actually the same. </edit>

RE: HP MCE Remote Problem! - IriDium - 23rd Apr, 2014 02:17 AM

Firstly: What a lovely post. Full of all the information required. I wish all posts were like this one.

By the looks of it, you are running Gotham soon to be Xbian V1, so you can expect a few issues whilst we iron out any bugs.

Can you post the output of dmesg via pastebin, that might help with a resolution to the problem.

RE: HP MCE Remote Problem! - ipodtouchdude - 23rd Apr, 2014 11:27 AM

(23rd Apr, 2014 02:17 AM)IriDium Wrote:  Firstly: What a lovely post. Full of all the information required. I wish all posts were like this one.

By the looks of it, you are running Gotham soon to be Xbian V1, so you can expect a few issues whilst we iron out any bugs.

Can you post the output of dmesg via pastebin, that might help with a resolution to the problem.

Here is the dmesg output.