Forum
Wlan0 -10 - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Network (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Wlan0 -10 (/thread-2255.html)

Pages: 1 2

Wlan0 -10 - blueoval - 29th Apr, 2014 01:27 PM

ok so I let xbian load up into xbmc. went down to the shutdown icon....selected exit.

Got me into the command prompt. Entered in user and password to get into the config screen.

Got into settings and network and selected wlan and again it detects the network. I enter in router password (quadruple checking it) and it wont connect.

Not sure what I'm missing? Im using all the same equipment I used before that I didn't have any issues with but now I'm not sure what's up

RE: Wlan0 -10 - blueoval - 29th Apr, 2014 03:16 PM

ok so mounted old image of xbian on my sd card. got wifi to work. so def not the dongle.

am I missing something?

messed up my first post guys

Was trying to install lasest beta 2 of xbian. haven't played around with xbian in awhile.

Having issues with wifi setup on beta 2. As you can see from previous posts, I got wifi to work on an old version of xbian.

Just not sure why

RE: Wlan0 -10 - blueoval - 30th Apr, 2014 01:37 AM

okay don't get it.

New xbian beta 2.0 just cannot get wifi to work. This morn it said the connection was UP but can't connect to drives on my pc.

Put the older version of xbian on, no issues. was a piece of cake actually.

Did the same thing I did for newer xbian and no luck. Just fails to connect

RE: Wlan0 -10 - IriDium - 30th Apr, 2014 01:49 AM

Can you post the output of dmesg and xbmc.log via pastebin

Also post /etc/network/interfaces from working and non working. (Check password is correct)

What is the SSID of your WIFI?

Can you ping your PC from the RPi?

What does the title mean? Wlan0 -10?

RE: Wlan0 -10 - blueoval - 30th Apr, 2014 02:00 AM

(30th Apr, 2014 01:49 AM)IriDium Wrote:  Can you post the output of dmesg and xbmc.log via pastebin

Also post /etc/network/interfaces from working and non working. (Check password is correct)

What does the title mean? Wlan0 -10?

wlan0 -10 ... that was the message that came up in the xbian network screen after putting in wifi password.

I bobbled back and forth trying to get it to work and ended up trying and older version of xbian and had no issues. Eht0 good and Wlan0 conncected.

Did xbian 2.0 all over again with no luck. Just noticed this morn in xbian config (while in xbian i click on exit to get to config screen) wlan0 doesn't show ip address for some reason where the older xbian version did. It detects the router but wont connect. eth0 shows ip no problem.

I would need a little guidance if you want to see logs. Havent had to get this deep into it before. I'm trying what I can think of but Beta 2 not worky for some reason.

RE: Wlan0 -10 - IriDium - 30th Apr, 2014 02:09 AM

Obviously you did not read

Please read before you post

RE: Wlan0 -10 - blueoval - 30th Apr, 2014 02:28 AM

xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=188744

think I did that right?

RE: Wlan0 -10 - IriDium - 30th Apr, 2014 02:46 AM

Please read the original post and supply the information otherwise I cannot begin to help you.

Can you post the output of dmesg and xbmc.log via pastebin

RE: Wlan0 -10 - blueoval - 30th Apr, 2014 02:50 AM

dude I know you wanna help and I want to get you the info but I don't play with this stuff all that much.

In previous versions of xbian, never had these issues. Essentially plug and play.

SSID : linksys
I can ping to the pi from pc, not sure how to ping back

I'm searching for what you want to how to do it, hard to navigate the forum or the net for that matter

RE: Wlan0 -10 - blueoval - 1st May, 2014 02:07 AM

(30th Apr, 2014 02:50 AM)blueoval Wrote:  dude I know you wanna help and I want to get you the info but I don't play with this stuff all that much.

In previous versions of xbian, never had these issues. Essentially plug and play.

SSID : linksys
I can ping to the pi from pc, not sure how to ping back

I'm searching for what you want to how to do it, hard to navigate the forum or the net for that matter

the message wlan0: cannot connect to linksys ([-10]) found out to be invalid wireless protection. I tried disabling the WEP through my router but xbian beta 2.0 will not pick up an ip from the wlan0. No probs with eth0.

If I switch back to the older xbian version, no issues whatsoever.

I still searching how to do this log stuff. My apologies if I'm not up to snuff on code and stuff. I do try to learn odds and ends. I'm not sitting around on my hands waiting for a response I'm going through the motions.

If I SSH with putty to the new xbian I still see the same thing. Eth0 has ip in network config/settings but wlan0 doesn't so I cant connect the wifi.

If I switch back to old xbian everything ok. I've even remounted the new xbian on two different SD for the heck of it.

RE: Wlan0 -10 - IriDium - 1st May, 2014 02:36 AM

If you can ping the RPi from you PC then the network is up.

RE: Wlan0 -10 - blueoval - 1st May, 2014 03:25 AM

I can ping the pi from pc on the eth0 connection.

SSID looks right, and auto detects linksys
Wlan0 says 'up' in xbian settings but keeps getting -10 error as stated above
Router set to mixed encryption for g, n etc
WEP encryption.

Using same passwords for wifi on old and newer xbian and checking the caps etc

Would love to post want you want but not following where to get the information.

RE: Wlan0 -10 - blueoval - 2nd Jun, 2014 09:35 AM

I've been patient. It's been weeks. I've tried to find numerous things on my own.

No help. I realize I'm newbish on the extras involved on the pi but I've openly stated that and haven't had help on the wifi issue with xbian.

The old version still has no issues with connecting to wlan0, cannot get wlan0 to connect on that latest version of xbian.

Same password, same SSID etc entered one works, one doesn't.

RE: Wlan0 -10 - CurlyMo - 2nd Jun, 2014 09:40 AM

Can you try the latest RC2 image?

RE: Wlan0 -10 - blueoval - 3rd Jun, 2014 07:04 AM

(2nd Jun, 2014 09:40 AM)CurlyMo Wrote:  Can you try the latest RC2 image?

Didn't realize another was out, gladly give it a whirl soon....thanks!