Forum
[solved] xbian-config: backup to file runs two times - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Software (/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Others (/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: [solved] xbian-config: backup to file runs two times (/thread-2257.html)

[solved] xbian-config: backup to file runs two times - Groormat - 30th Apr, 2014 06:53 PM

Hey there!

So i try to make backups before every big change on my xbian. I use the xbian-config to save an image to a second usb-stick.

After finishing the backup i have to press "ok". But then the whole backup starts again! The first file will be deleted and replaced with a new one, with the same name.

Is that behavior wanted?

I'm using XBian 1.0 Beta 2 with usb-installation. Backups are going to a second usb.

RE: xbian-config: backup to file runs two times - IriDium - 1st May, 2014 12:41 AM

Are you sure you haven't just pressed "OK" twice. I've seen this before - sometimes it's a stored <enter> that can cause the problem.

Try again but be cautious of your key presses.

RE: xbian-config: backup to file runs two times - Groormat - 1st May, 2014 12:50 AM

(1st May, 2014 12:41 AM)IriDium Wrote:  Are you sure you haven't just pressed "OK" twice. I've seen this before - sometimes it's a stored <enter> that can cause the problem.

Try again but be cautious of your key presses.

The first time i had the same thought. I was carefull the second time and dont think i hit it twice.
But i will try it again and special care!

RE: xbian-config: backup to file runs two times - IriDium - 1st May, 2014 02:44 AM

If that is not the issue, then an upgrade is required.

As I said I had this problem before, but since RC 1 I have not had the issue again.

RE: xbian-config: backup to file runs two times - Groormat - 5th May, 2014 08:03 PM

(1st May, 2014 02:44 AM)IriDium Wrote:  If that is not the issue, then an upgrade is required.

As I said I had this problem before, but since RC 1 I have not had the issue again.

I think the problem disaperad.
Since some update the copy-tool got a nifty progress-bar and got rid of the second backup.

Thanks a lot!