Forum
hdmi cec - Printable Version

+- Forum (http://forum.xbian.org)
+-- Forum: Hardware (/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Remotes and CEC support (/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: hdmi cec (/thread-229.html)

hdmi cec - julius02 - 8th Jan, 2013 11:53 PM

quick question; after install, why do i have numerous sources show up for hdmi cec on my tv for the raspberry pi. i have one xbian, one xbmc and another - can't remember the name. i am only used to seeing one for all other devices i plug in. when i click on these other ones, it doesn't bring anythign up. i have noticed this on raspbmc and openlec too, which makes me think this must be a raspberry pi issue?
thanks

RE: hdmi cec - Koenkk - 9th Jan, 2013 12:31 AM

I doubt if this is a CEC or RPI firmware issue. I have a samsung TV, on boot a CEC devices named "raspberry_li" (yes, that li isn't a typo) is available. When XBMC starts another CEC source is activated, called "xbian". The "raspberry_li" is still listed but isn't working anymore once XBMC has been started (the "xbian" source is working). When I refresh the devices (on the Samsung TV), the "raspberry_li" source goes away, so only the "xbian" source is listed than. I think it's more likely that this is a TV related issue. (however I don't know that for sure)

RE: hdmi cec - julius02 - 15th Jan, 2013 01:43 AM

(9th Jan, 2013 12:31 AM)Koenkk Wrote:  I doubt if this is a CEC or RPI firmware issue. I have a samsung TV, on boot a CEC devices named "raspberry_li" (yes, that li isn't a typo) is available. When XBMC starts another CEC source is activated, called "xbian". The "raspberry_li" is still listed but isn't working anymore once XBMC has been started (the "xbian" source is working). When I refresh the devices (on the Samsung TV), the "raspberry_li" source goes away, so only the "xbian" source is listed than. I think it's more likely that this is a TV related issue. (however I don't know that for sure)

so is there no way of combining the two?

RE: hdmi cec - Koenkk - 15th Jan, 2013 02:19 AM

You could try changing the (device_name)
Code:
<setting id="device_name" value="XBian" />
in /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/peripheral_data/rpi_2708_1001.xml to the first CEC connection name that pops up.

RE: hdmi cec - pipes - 15th Jan, 2013 04:33 AM

my hdmi cec stop working on my samsung tv... can anyone help me??
thanks

RE: hdmi cec - julius02 - 15th Jan, 2013 05:23 AM

(15th Jan, 2013 04:33 AM)pipes Wrote:  my hdmi cec stop working on my samsung tv... can anyone help me??
thanks
I have a samsung TV and I experience a loss of function altogether after a period of time. You have to keep goin to the source menu and selecting xbian to get it working again. Seems a bit temperamental. Is this what you get too?

RE: hdmi cec - pipes - 15th Jan, 2013 09:03 AM

(15th Jan, 2013 05:23 AM)julius02 Wrote:  
(15th Jan, 2013 04:33 AM)pipes Wrote:  my hdmi cec stop working on my samsung tv... can anyone help me??
thanks
I have a samsung TV and I experience a loss of function altogether after a period of time. You have to keep goin to the source menu and selecting xbian to get it working again. Seems a bit temperamental. Is this what you get too?

no... on source i dont see xbian...